IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer

1 year licence one virus

I received an email from webmaster@iobit.com, for all IOBIT products, I was redirected to an IOBIT domain page I downloaded a rar file with several files, one of which is called, license manager, with a readme txt for the indications how to assign licenses. I did everything as indicated, a console window was opened executing a malicious code that almost completely stopped the pc, rebooted in safe mode and ran an antivirus that luckily eliminated it, I have no words to describe the shame it gives me to see the decline of one of my favorite programs and companies for more than a decade

I received an email from webmaster@iobit.com, for all IOBIT products, I was redirected to an IOBIT domain page I downloaded a rar file with several files, one of which is called, license manager, with a readme txt for the indications how to assign licenses. I did everything as indicated, a console window was opened executing a malicious code that almost completely stopped the pc, rebooted in safe mode and ran an antivirus that luckily eliminated it, I have no words to describe the shame it gives me to see the decline of one of my favorite programs and companies for more than a decade

Hi Victor2k,

I got a same sort of e-mail. I noticed 2 things:

1/ The sender is not "webmaster@iobit.com" but "webmaster=iobit.com@email.iobit.com" -->> ALARMBEL 1 going off...

2/ The hyperlink goes to: "... email.email.iobit.com/..." this is probably NOT a true IOBIT domain... -->> ALARMBEL 2 going off...

Conclusion: This is a SPOOFING e-mail and you are VERY LUCKY your security software stopped the malware/virus in the downloaded rar file.

Have a safe further new year! This one started good for you already. :-)

Hi

Thanks for your feedback.

We don't have such an offer. It is a scam! Please do not click any link or download button in it.

We've forwarded it to our relevant team and will solve it asap.

Thanks again.