IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC v14Pro PERFORMANCE MONITOR ISSUES

Hi Everyone,

I am having issues with the Performance Monitor, it is not working right, it continuously poses as if it is clearing and releasing memory/ram but it will not close, it will not allow any exit of programs etc. It is NOT functioning correctly at all.

Should I uninstall and reinstall ASC?

Any advise would be welcomed, thank you!

Laurie

Open Task Manager. Scroll down the list of processes until you see Performance Monitor.

Right click on it and end task. This will close the Performance Monitor.

If you have Auto Ram selected in ASC settings, I recommend you un-select it. Auto cleaning ram is not a good idea.

You can restart the Performance Monitor by right clicking on the ASC icon in the taskbar and click..Open Performance Monitor.

• Like 1

Hi Scannan, thank you for the info, I didn't know about ASC Settings, found the settings and the setting was checked to run "AUTO RAM CLEAN". 

I unchecked the automatic ram clean, restarted my PC but still same issues with Performance Monitor.

I've "right-clicked" the ASC icon to click "Open Performance Monitor" but that is ineffective, nothing happens PM is just whacked-out!!! 

I wonder if I should uninstall ASC and reinstall, or ...

Maybe the recent Win 10 Update tweaked things? 

1) I now have a "StartMenuExperienceHost" runs all the time I don't think I need it, how do I delete it? (attached image)

2) windows defender screen protector, how do I disable or block it from running?

3) Windows "redistributable" programs (attached image) can I delete all? The 2010 versions showed up in the recent Win 10 update.

startmenueperienceHost.png

redistributable programs.png

Hi laurie

Sorry to hear your issue is not resolved.

1) I now have a "StartMenuExperienceHost" runs all the time I don't think I need it, how do I delete it? (attached image)

You should leave StartMenuExperienceHost alone. It helps your Start menu to run smoothly.

2) windows defender screen protector, how do I disable or block it from running?

1. Launch Windows Defender Security Center from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
  2. Click the App and browser control button on the left side of the window.
  3. Click Off in the Check apps and files section.
  4. Click Off in the SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge section.

3) Windows "redistributable" programs (attached image) can I delete all? The 2010 versions showed up in the recent Win 10 update.

I recommend that you do not delete these. They are part of the Windows Runtime System. Even though they are showing

as old versions, it is best to leave them alone. Removing them has been known to cause issues with Windows Updates.

Regarding the Performance Monitor issues......yes, I think you should uninstall ASC and re-install it to see if it corrects the issue.

Use Iobit Uninstaller to remove it and ensure you use the option to remove all remnants. Also, go to file explorer ....C:\Program Files (x86)\Iobit

and delete any ASC Folder.

Also go to.....     C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\Iobit .....and delete any ASC Folder

Reinstall ASC.

Let me know if you have any further issues

• Like 1

Hi Scannan,

I hope to have time to focus on the uninstall/reinstall ASC following your directions soon, and I am hoping this is my solution!

Thank you for your generosity sharing your Tech Wiz info. Always has helped me with great relief to learn how to manage my PC for optimal performance.

I hope you and all your loved ones are happy and well.

Cheers,

Laurie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Scannan

I hope you are doing great! :classic_happy:

Thank You for guiding me with the uninstall ASC Process!

Summary:

A Trojan seemed to be the issue :classic_ohmy:

NOTE: I may have missed a step, during the uninstall the final stages of the "Uninstaller" uninstalling ASC there was a pop-up list of items to choose to DELETE, but I stalled wanting to delete all including the "not-recommended to delete item" but then I realized I did not choose any of the items "to delete" before I ended the Uninstall Process by clicking CONTINUE :( but I did take a screen shot of the list before ending the uninstall process, see attached image. 

Then I followed your last step instructions
1)  File Explorer C:\Program Files (x86)/IObit deleted ASC Folder*
2) C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\Iobit .....and delete any ASC Folder*
3) Reinstalled ASC

After re-installing the ASC, I wanted to use the IObit ASC File Shredder to empty the old ASC files I had deleted Steps 1 & 2 listed above, per your instructions.

I selected File Shredder "Expert Mode" to remove the deleted items in your *1 & 2 last step instructions.

All items in Recycle Bin seem to have been deleted  but, many items failed to shred, see attached images, and during the shredding process before File Shredder was complete, IOBit Malware Fighter 8.5 Pro interrupted the shredding process with a pop-up giving me the option to delete a Trojan!!!

Everything ASC, the Performance Monitor and Win10 programs seem to be working better now with the newly installed ASC now that (hopefully) the "trojan" has been fully removed.

My pc laptop IS FASTER!!! I'm so excited!!! MUST have been the trojan bogging things down!

Questions:

1) The newly installed ASC v14 Pro is different than the ASC v14 Pro I removed, includes the IObit File Shredder is different, more high-tech. I am wondering if the ASC update upgrade to ASC v14 PRO was corrupt?!

2) Does IObit Malware Fighter scan IObit Products, if yes using MF 8.5 Pro it took shredding remnant files for MF to discover the trojan???
Is MF programmed to SCAN the IObit products, if yes, MF possibly missed a trojan in ASC???

3) Do you recommend I uninstall ASC again and this time choose all or some of the items I did not delete the in the 1st uninstall process per the 1st image below?

4) How to find the info in MF on maybe where it found the Trojan? I dug around in MF but I did not find any log or info on the trojan!

Thank YOU again *Scannan* you're the Best!

Laurie

Uninstall ASC Process Choices - What to Choose.jpg

The ASC leftover Folder Items RE-Scannan Instructions.png

Shredder Complete 386 items not shredded.png

Hi Scannan

I am sooooo spoiled  with IObit programs, includes IMF. It has been YEARS  since I had virus issues!

I just now found the text logs in IMF.

Check out these IMF Protect Logs. I am curious, can you tell me what was corrupt by the trojan?

I am still interested to know if IObit IMF scans everything in my pc laptop including IOBit programs ASC etc.!!!

IMF Virus Protect Log
[04-06-01-31] Threat:Trojan.Generic C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-1926611942-2212834772-4103878234-1001\$R9SJ890.exe

AND

Do you know if the following IMF Log is related to the above trojan?

IMF Malware Protect Log
[Protect2021012107]
DateTime=2021-01-21 13:30:02

1/21/2021 7:00:49 AM: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\quanminTV\QuanminTVWrapper.exe|DelFile=Trojan

Scannan, I am so happy and grateful for your generosity to help, and to guide me with the proper use of IObit Programs to keep my pc clean and running FAST! 😁💕🎉 

Gracias,

Laurie

Hi Scannan

Perhaps I need to uninstall ASC again. 

The Performance Monitor is perpetually clearing RAM again!

But I will patiently await your input and recommendations before taking any action other than have IMF do a deep scan.

Thank You!

Laurie

Hi laurie

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Firstly...ASC....It is no harm to Uninstall ASC again. Iwould however suggest that rather than using ASC's own Uninstall,

that you download and use Iobit Uninstaller to remove ASC. Download it only from Majorgeeks. It does a better job of removing remnants.....here is a link to all the Iobit Product Manuals...so you can see the functions and settings available.

https://www.iobit.com/en/product-manuals.php

Again after the uninstall, perform the steps I gave previously to ensure any residual folders are removed.

Before you install ASC again, you should temporarily disable your Antivisus/antimalware programs (including Windows Defender).

This ensures that there are no accidental mis-haps with the installation. When it is installed, make sure that Smart Ram is disabled in the settings.

I would not be concerned with IMF finding a Trojan, while the recycle bin was being cleaned. It was probably a legacy item that had been there a while.

I am sorry, but there is no way for me to tell if the IMF log is related to $R9SJ890.exe....but as I said it is probably a legacy item.

Also, it is unnecessary to shred the files in the recycle bin, unless they are sensitive/personal files that you want to ensure can never be recovered.

Under normal emptying of the recyle bin, the files can still be recovered by special software. The shredder just prevents that.

IMF does monitor the entire PC, including ASC.

I hope your issue will now be resolved.

• Like 1

Hi Scannan

Thank You! I appreicate the reminder to us MajorGeek for installing products.

I did use the IObit UNINSTALLER, I did not use ASC to uninstall itself.

A bit confused, that I have and used "IObit UNINSTALLER 10.4 PRO" to uninstall ASC the 1st Time. 

Pls clarify how to uninstall ASC again and re-install it!

If you are recommending I use my existing IObit Uninstaller, pls let me know if on the final step of the installation you recommend I choose every item on the list in the photo below or which items to select to delete in this IObit Uninstaller final step before clicking "Continue" (as depicted on the attached image) that will end the uninstall.

Gracias, 

Laurie :)

803127273_UninstallASCProcessChoices-WhattoChoose.jpg.2163a2705364a61a9f1c86c8ccbb472f.jpgHi Scannan

Thank You! I appreicate the reminder to us MajorGeek for installing products.

I did use the IObit UNINSTALLER, I did not use ASC to uninstall itself.

A bit confused, that I have and used "IObit UNINSTALLER 10.4 PRO" to uninstall ASC the 1st Time. 

Pls clarify how to uninstall ASC again and re-install it!

If you are recommending I use my existing IObit Uninstaller, pls let me know if on the final step of the installation you recommend I choose every item on the list in the photo below or which items to select to delete in this IObit Uninstaller final step before clicking "Continue" (as depicted on the attached image) that will end the uninstall.

Gracias, 

Clarity... 

Scannan, Pls clarify how to uninstall ASC again and re-install it, do I choose a non-IObit Uninstaller from MajorGeek "MG"?

Or do you recommend I uninstall my existing IObit Uninstaller and reinstall the IObit Uninstaller from MG?

Hi Laurie.

It is fine to use the existing Iobit Uninstaller. I did not realise that you already had it. Choose every item on the list and delete everything.

Then follow the steps I gave you previously to ensure that any residual folders are deleted.

go to file explorer ....C:\Program Files (x86)\Iobit

and delete any ASC Folder.

Also go to.....     C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\Iobit .....and delete any ASC Folder

Before you install ASC again, you should temporarily disable your Antivisus/antimalware programs (including Windows Defender).

This ensures that there are no accidental mis-haps with the installation. Reinstall ASC.

When it is installed, make sure that Smart Ram is disabled in the settings. Open the Performance monitor and see if it is working correctly,before you re-enable your Antivisus/antimalware programs (including Windows Defender).

Then Enable your Antivisus/antimalware programs.

• Like 1

Mission Accomplished!

Don't know how a trojan sneaked in past IMF, except because everything was slow since the last ASC update, maybe the update had a bug, either or the trojan seemed to be the culprit, and me letting myself stall during the first uninstall of ASC ... the ASC was not completely uninstalled was a blessing so IMF could detect the trojan when I shredded the ASC contents in the recycle bin.

YOU know I appreciate your help!

Muchas Gracias Scannan!

Cheers,

Laurie

Hi Laurie

Glad all is now well.

As for the trojan.....no anti-malware/anti-virus is 100% effective. There are just too many threats out there.

Most likely you got the trojan in a download from a re-seller. That is why I always go to Majorgeeks.

It is also good practice to have a second  anti-malware program, which you would run maybe once a month just to

get a second opinion. (Never run them both together....temporarily disable your main program while you run the other)

Let us know if you have any other issues.

• Like 1

Thank you for your tips!

What other anti-malware program(s) do you recommend?

Can you tell me how to disable IMF and ASC?

I read the manuals you sent, and dug around in but I don't see how to temporairly disable the programs!

Gracias!

Laurie

There is no need to disable ASC.....but if you want to you can right click on the icon in the system tray and click exit from the menu.

The reason you are disabling the anti-malware/anti-virus is so that you can clean re-install ASC.

To disable IMF....Right click the icon of IObit Malware Fighter in the system tray and either click... turn off real-time protection....or click exit from the menu.

Gracias!

Scannan, I thought ASC also had an aspect of anti-virus, seems I guessed wrong!

I want to follow your advise and get a second anti-malware/anti-virus, which do you recommend for my Dell Inspirion Win10 Laptop?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Laurie said:

Gracias!

Scannan, I thought ASC also had an aspect of anti-virus, seems I guessed wrong!

I want to follow your advise and get a second anti-malware/anti-virus, which do you recommend for my Dell Inspirion Win10 Laptop?

Thanks!

Laurie 🙂

ASC Ultimate has a complete Anti-virus.....that is why when posting it is important to be specific as to whether your post is addressing

an issue in ASC Ultimate or ASC.....even though you posted in The ASC Ultimate section, you referred to ASC....

I sent you a message...check your message box...

• 4 months later...

HI!  I hope you can help further with the PM RAM cleaner problem,.

PROBLEM:

I have the same issue with ASC v1-4 Performance Monitor when using the RAM cleaner that the OP started this thread with. 

Once activated, the "rocket" icon spins endlessly but the task is never completed, RAM is not reduced, rendering PM useless. 

GENERAL SOLUTIONS FAILED

This seems to be a now-common and persistent ASC v1-4 product side error. As the steps suggested in the thread above did not resolve this issue and I am experiencing it persisting as well after reinstall, I wonder if iobit has any better work around? 

I should mention that I use this feature frequently while multitasking and it is one of the reasons I stick with ASC.

IS THERE A SPECIFIC FIX? 

Has anyone drilled down to the actual cause and resolution of the Performance Monitor Ram cleaner malfunction and specific fix?

Thanks!