IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Defrag question

sonadam

Hello,

The 'Diagnose' button bring up, among other items, the Disk Defrag.

When I open the 'Utilities' there is a Smart Defrag item.

1. My question is which is a more powerful defragmentation utility, which one should I use?

2. Should the Smart RAM be left on at all times?

I tried to find a user manual but I could not find a comprehensive manual that would describe every aspect of the software. Do you have one?

Thanks,

Adam

Hi adam

1. The defragmenter in ASC only does a defragmentation, while the SmartDefrag program can be configured and you can run a Defrag&Optimize in that program.

2. If you think you need to use the Smart RAM enabled all the time it is OK, but it usually isn't necessary (I just use it once in a while)

When it is running in the background one has to remember to close it when one wants to install a new version of the program.

In case of a clean install it must be closed before - otherwise one is denied the possibility to delete the folder after the uninstall.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello,

The 'Diagnose' button bring up, among other items, the Disk Defrag.

When I open the 'Utilities' there is a Smart Defrag item.

1. My question is which is a more powerful defragmentation utility, which one should I use?

2. Should the Smart RAM be left on at all times?

I tried to find a user manual but I could not find a comprehensive manual that would describe every aspect of the software. Do you have one?

Thanks,

Adam

Archived