IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Startup optimizer

LeijonaNL

Hi!

So I'v been using the free version of Advanced Systemcare for a decently long time now and I never had any issues, but now that I have reset my whole PC and downloaded it again there is one thing that pisses me off every time again.
The problem is that when I disable certain apps or operations in the startup-optimizer it will enable them again after I use that program.

Example: I disabled skype a while ago, but when I used it yesterday, it was automatically enabled again and once again activated after booting my PC. (and now I have to disable it again, but that won't be of any use if this keeps happening)

So can anyone tell me what I should do and why this is happening?

Thanks a lot in advance.

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2021 at 4:19 PM, Scannan said:

Did you look at the actual app settings themselves. Most apps have the option to open automatically on windows startup.

That option needs to be switched off in the app.

Still I can't understand why? I have several programs that are opened automatically when Windows is started and all of them can retain my selections. 

• 2 weeks later...

What I’ve learned and found is that in the past, startup optimizer used to screw programs where startup items cannot be delayed; the result was that such delayed programs were not opening at all or opened with some errors. 

latests versions of ASC now handle such programs in a different manner, instead of delaying them, then startup optimizer just re-enable them and the programs open fine, they are NOT delayed but at least they open fine. 

I can tell that iobit has enhanced startup optimizer and is capable of delaying more and more software, even Startup optimizer is able to delay various antivirus like in my case Avira free antivirus, other competitor programs are not able to delay several programs that startup optimizer can, for example iolo System Mechanic is NOT able to delay avira antivirus free!

my suggestion is for you to make a list of programs or items NOT delayed and share them with IObit, so that they can work and try to make them “delay” in future versions.