IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Unexplained Padlock

Ted

Hi, All,

I have a neat little free programme named: Tubemaster Plus which I use to download music clips etc from various sites. However, after updating to a new version yesterday I can't download any of the clips I select.

I see there's a padlock on the toolbar which brings up a login box when clicked and I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before.

I unloaded FireFox and Opera in case they were blocking the download in some way, but still no go.

I've E-mailed the author of the programme, but thought someone here may have a few clues?

Hi Ted

Have you tried allowing it in your firewall settings?

After all you have used it without problems before, right?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, All,

I have a neat little free programme named: Tubemaster Plus which I use to download music clips etc from various sites. However, after updating to a new version yesterday I can't download any of the clips I select.

I see there's a padlock on the toolbar which brings up a login box when clicked and I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before.

I unloaded FireFox and Opera in case they were blocking the download in some way, but still no go.

I've E-mailed the author of the programme, but thought someone here may have a few clues?

Hi there, solbjerg,

Yes, Ive added TubeMaster.exe to the "Exceptions" in Windows Firewall and COMODO BOClean. http://WWW.Youtube.com is also in my list of Trusted Sites in Internet Options > Security.

Not sure how to configure Avast to ignore TubeMaster, but I stopped "On Access Protection" temporarily and held my breath.

This programme was running perfectly until I updated it. However, I reinstalled the old version and it won't work now, either. Bummer!

Ok Ted

So your are using Avast's firewall?

If so - that's the one to configure I think, or perhaps you could just change and use the Windows firewall?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi there, solbjerg,

Yes, Ive added TubeMaster.exe to the "Exceptions" in Windows Firewall and COMODO BOClean. WWW.Youtube.com is also in my list of Trusted Sites in Internet Options > Security.

Not sure how to configure Avast to ignore TubeMaster, but I stopped "On Access Protection" temporarily and held my breath.

This programme was running perfectly until I updated it. However, I reinstalled the old version and it won't work now, either. Bummer!

Hi again -again Ted

Yes, I understand that, it was because I read this on Avast's site:

Network Shield:

A new resident protection module was added to avast! 4.5.: the Network shield. This module provides protection against known Internet worms/attacks. It analyzes all network traffic and scans it for malicious contents. It can be viewed as a leightweight firewall (or more precisely, as an IDS (Intrusion Detection System))

The Network Shield is only available on NT-based systems (Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista).

Cheers

solbjerg

NB! NT (New Technology)

Hi again, solbjerg,

Avast is my Anti Virus programme, I don't think it is a firewall too, but I thought the application should be deactivated as a test.

A new resident protection module was added to avast! 4.5.: the Network shield.

Hi, solbjerg,

Well, there you are. I'm using a programme without realising its full capabilities. Many thanks for your time in searching that out for me.

I've just received a reply from the author of TubeMaster Plus and he said he's releasing a new version today which corrects some major memory leaks. Here's hoping it may resolve my problem.

Hi Ted

I'll keep my fingers crossed too!! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, solbjerg,

Well, there you are. I'm using a programme without realising its full capabilities. Many thanks for your time in searching that out for me.

I've just received a reply from the author of TubeMaster Plus and he said he's releasing a new version today which corrects some major memory leaks. Here's hoping it may resolve my problem.

Hi, solbjerg,

The new version didn't cure my problem, unfortunately, but I've found the answer and everything is hunkydory now.

"Active Scripting" was disabled in Internet Options > Security, so I enabled it and then set all options to Default.

I remember adjusting a few Internet Option Security settings some time ago following an expert's recommendations. It just shows the folly of blindly setting options when you don't really know what you're doing.

Thanks for the information Ted!!

I'll bear that possibility in mind :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, solbjerg,

The new version didn't cure my problem, unfortunately, but I've found the answer and everything is hunkydory now.

"Active Scripting" was disabled in Internet Options > Security, so I enabled it and then set all options to Default.

I remember adjusting a few Internet Option Security settings some time ago following an expert's recommendations. It just shows the folly of blindly setting options when you don't really know what you're doing.

Archived