IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver Booster ruined system drivers

Sora

So I used Driver Booster last night to update around ~23 Drivers for my Lenovo Legion Y540 Laptop, update went well without any errors, woke up next day to find out it destroyed a LOT of devices and rendered my touchpad completely unusable, I tried system restore to undo the updates but it only gives me an error 0x8007045b and when trying to do it using Windows RE it instead gives me an error 0x80070026, as of now I have been completely unable to fix this issue. This software was supposed to help improve my system and instead completely destroyed it.

I have advised/warned many times in the forum against updating large numbers of drivers at the same time.

They should be updated in small groups (4 or 5) at a time, so that if there are issues, it will be easier to track down the culprit.

Have you looked at Driver Update History in Driver Booster, to see which drivers were updated/or failed.

Have you tried using Driver Booster restore function to restore the drivers to the previous version

Have you checked in Device Manager to see if there are any warnings in the Device list.

Have you tried right clicking on a device ....Properties/Driver/Roolback Driver.

The errors you have listed have a common cause, which is system file corruption and can be fixed by running  SFC and CHKDSK...

Have a look at these sites.......https://techcult.com/fix-windows-update-error-0x80070026/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/backup-and-storage/system-restore-fail-error-0x8007045b

• 4 months later...

Hey Sora!

I had the same issue 

But now I fixed it through the following steps:

1)Type Device Manager in windows search. and click on the first result(it is basically a shortcut to some page in the control panel)

2)check all the drop down menues and find all the devices showing exclamation mark

3)then simply right click on those devices and click properties

4)go to the Drivers tab

5)Click on Roll Back Driver

6)You will get a prompt to specify for the reason of rollback(choose your reason)

7)Click YES 

And this should do it

@Cicely

In my responce to the OP (Sora), I have already given this exact advice, but there was no response from the OP, as to whether the problem still

exists. So, 4months later, Saksham, posts the same advice and get's an acknowledgement from Iobit.

Seems, you are still not reading all the post's or following the normal rules of the Forum.

• 1 year later...