IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Defrag comparison

I've been using SmartDefrag for about 2 weeks now and just did a comprehensive defrag. Then just for fun ran the Microsoft defrag and it found lots of files not defragmented. So I let it run then ran SmartDefrag and it came out clean. So what is SmartDefrag missing or why does it not defrag everything? Also somtimes after a defrag the icon says 101% but on the screen it is showing 2% when it goes through the optimizing of the files.

Hi,

make sure you are using the latest version of ISD. Also, the defrag process of 101% you are seeing is likely an error although I thought it had been fixed since I no longer see it myself. But, the %defrag completed is also different from the %optimization completed so even though the progress may only seem like 2% it has gone much farther.

The reason that the MS defrag tool found fragmented files is because it runs on a different engine (a very, very, almost painfully old version of Diskeeper) and it actually designates what it feels are "fragmented" as such.

Archived