IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 3.0 Features Missing compared with AWC 2.0

toth010109

Hi everyone;

Well apparently my girls got a drive by virus, juwukedo.dll or zanowapu.dll or dileloso.dll"s....a real nasty virus in that it self replicates, will not allow deletion, and spreads through out the Windows\System32 folder and the Windows\Document and Settings\Users\Temp\ folders and the Windows\Task folder. What kills me about this virus is that none of the virus protection software works. Also it is one of the virus principals that when you drive by the infected site the window pops up that says "your computer has been infected by a virus run Antivirus now" options are "run", "cancel" or hit the "x"...any one of these actions is the triger to accept a download of the virus and install it on your computer. The virus does not allow you to close the internet window it has poped up on.

The only way I have been able to stop this type of infection is by doing the following:

1.0 Bring up the task manager and end the internet task.

or

2.0 Also on computers with Zone Alarm immediately stop all internet activity and then close the internet window.

On the infected computer I really like the way Advanced Windows Care 2.0 does a number of things, features no longer available in 3.0:

Options menu you can go directly to the startup software.

Perfect there the virus is: juwikedo loading at startup

I can then highlight and go directly to the registry key.

I can delete the registry key.

I can delete the startup file.

I can jump right to the registry key its great for getting right to the source in the registry and a great feature, but no longer present in versions 3.0.

Also the scan allowed you to modify the startup software, so you could turn off windows messenger if you wanted to or other resource consuming software, great feature no longer available.

Anyway even though the virus was deleted in the registry, the startup files, the task manager, from system 32....there was on file that could not be deleted from system 32....dileloso.dll...it always says it is in use...too bad looks like a total disk scrub and rebuild from scratch....

Hi toth010109,

ASC 3 has the function you mention and more.

Go to:

click "Utilities"=>click "Admin Tools" tab=>click "Startup Manager" icon=>"Startup Manager" window=>click "Item"=>click "Jump to Entry"

You can manage the startup items from that window.

For your virus problem, make an online virus scan.

1)

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/

2)

http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

PS.

You can delete the files in use by free Unlocker 1.87

Ouch

Hi toth-I feel your pain.The lowdown on your little nasty can be found here.Could you tell us which programs you have run in your efforts to eradicate the little bugger?A search of some other forums indicates that it's included in the database of the latest version of Malwarebytes which can be safely downloaded from this site.Best of luck.

Archived