IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC using 20,000 handles

jonw

From what I have read most computers using windows xp run best when the handles stay below 15,000 handles.This application alone is using 20,000 handles is this safe for it to use that many?My whole computer is running a total of 35,000 handles is this ok for it to be using that many.

Hello jon

Do you use a lot of automatic functions?

Do you have many applications in your StartUp?

Regarding ASC and SmartDefrag, is you setting there to only let it run automatically when usage is low? (it has to use some resources to check the volumes, the more the faster the job is done, so have a cup of coffee while it runs) ;-)

I always do the cleanig and defragmenting "by hand"

Cheers

solbjerg

From what I have read most computers using windows xp run best when the handles stay below 15,000 handles.This application alone is using 20,000 handles is this safe for it to use that many?My whole computer is running a total of 35,000 handles is this ok for it to be using that many.

Well I fixed the problem well kinda it had something to do with your spyware cleaner, I just shut it off cause I already use kis 8.Well I am sure when ASC Pro runs its going to use system resources but even after it stops there are still 20,000 handles in use just for this program.Also say I run it again that day it adds another 20,000 handles so I guess the sky is the limit if you ran this everyday and never reboot your computer.

Hi jon

Have chosen to immunize the +30.000 spyware? Or have you left them unchecked?

I is just that I haven't seen this problem before in any version

Cheers

solbjerg

Well I fixed the problem well kinda it had something to do with your spyware cleaner, I just shut it off cause I already use kis 8.Well I am sure when ASC Pro runs its going to use system resources but even after it stops there are still 20,000 handles in use just for this program.Also say I run it again that day it adds another 20,000 handles so I guess the sky is the limit if you ran this everyday and never reboot your computer.

Hi jon

Would you be so kind as to answer the questions in order to try to find out why your configuration on your machine exhibits this odd behaviour.

What are your settings and how did you configure the "problems" before clicking repair? Specifically regarding the spyware setting.

Cheers

solbjerg

Well it only does this when the spyware remover everything else works perfect.Umm this issues also happens on a friends pc but he uses a lot of the same software as me maybe its a software conflict.

Archived