IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Trackpad failure after running program -(Solved)

macandeman

This program has killed my trackpad. I have done the following: Reinstalled the system to factory 3x. Lenovo has come out and replaced the trackpad and motherboard. And another back to factory reinstall. I have written IObit at least 3x and wait for responses which has not been very helpful. I need an answer for this. This laptop is only a couple of months old. I did not have trouble with the other products, but this one is dreadful.  I might have to call Lenovo now and see if they will send a replacement machine. This should not happen. I need an answer now instead of going through the support ticket - it could take a month with that method. Thank you.

System Information 2.PNG

While I fully understand your frustration, I cannot understand what answer you are looking for.

If Lenovo came out and replaced the stated parts, and they could not get the trackpad working,

I honestly cannot see how anybody else could have a solution.

My trackpad went out after running this program. It knocked out drivers that I apparently cannot replace rendering my new laptop partially ineffective. I am looking for support on HOW to get the drivers back that were deleted. After replacing the hardware, they concluded that it now has become a software issue, which I knew, but was hoping maybe a hardware change would be enough to reinstall these drivers - the Synaptic Touchpad - I think. Since it was this product that deleted the required drivers, I am looking for an answer to how to fix it.

Edited by macandeman

I do not understand what you mean by.."drivers that I apparently cannot replace".

I have a Lenovo Ideapad and I have never had a problem getting drivers.

Why did'nt the Lenovo techs, reload the required drivers. I find it incredible that they replaced such comprehensive hardware,

and then walked away when it did not work, saying that it is a software issue. Surely, if they replaced hardware

it is their responsibility to get it working, regardless of whether a third party program caused a driver issue.

Did they even tell you what the "Software issue" is??

I presume you tried rolling back the drivers, or doing a system restore to a time before the issue occurred.

I am pretty sure I know what the problem is. The software has wiped out at least the Synaptic Touchpad driver. Lenovo is the one who decided to come out and replace the parts, even though I believed it was the deletion of these drivers through the program that has caused the problem. I want to know how you can help me get these drivers back up and running, since it was the program that caused a perfectly running computer to fail in this regard. I cannot blame Lenovo so I'm not going there. I'm not going to throw Lenovo under the bus for the fault cause by this program. They did what they thought was best to do. I am looking you YOUR support team to help fix the problem. I tried rolling back - but keep in mind as in some of my very first correspondence I factory reset the computer 3x even before the hardware replacement and again afterwards. I am looking to YOUR team now how to fix this problem, since it is this program that caused it. I have not had difficulty with the other programs. But this one causes failures. And from what I read on the posts, I am not the only one who has experienced it. Now, what can be done? 

Edited by macandeman
update

Since there are people there who wrote the Driver program and are experts, please let me talk to them. Thank you for your opinion on what your Lenovo does but that does not solve my issue and is not really helpful info. I would like to hear from the Driver support team how to fix this. I am looking for a solution at this point.

I would really like to help you, but to do so, you need to answer my question(s).

I asked you..."what you mean by.."drivers that I apparently cannot replace"....you did not answer.

As for the Lenovo techs..... If your new car broke down, and you decided that it was because you updated the nav display, but the car dealer

decided to replace the engine and electronics, but the car still did not work. I doubt you would accept them walking away and saying " it is a software fault".

Lenovo are the makers of the machine and should have been able to fix it, regardless of what caused the issue.

It sounds to me, like you are really annoyed with Driver Booster, and you want satisfaction from the maker, to make you feel better.

As for the "support Team"......this is a Forum of volunteers. Ordinary Users who give their time to help others.

There is an Iobit Team Member, who is supposed to be there to support us, but sadly, that happens very rarely, and only if they

happen to be in the mood and check the post's. Also, Iobit ( the maker of DB) do not make the drivers. They get the drivers from the manufacturer and give

them to you. Sometime, Iobit get the wrong driver, or the manufacture releases a bad driver. So, we cannot put you in touch of the Driver maker.

When you use theReset this PC” feature in Windows, Windows resets itself to its factory default state. ... All the manufacturer installed software and drivers that came with the PC will be reinstalled.

So, obviously, if this happened, then the latest version of windows has an issue with the original driver(s). This is quite common, as windows often has issues with

out of date drivers, or specific drivers.

So, when you updated your driver(s), did you take note of which drivers were updated. if so then you need to reinstall these drivers from the manufacturer

one at a time until the issue is fixed. If you did a batch install of lot,s of drivers at once ( not recommended) then this is going to be a difficult excercise.

You may be lucky, and the log file from DB, may still be on your machine, it would be worth looking for it, as it would tell you which drivers were updated.

Just because it is the trackpad that has an issue, does not necessarily mean it is the Trackpad Driver which is the cause. It could be the Firmware driver(s).

If

The drivers are the ones associated with the trackpad. I am thinking the Synaptic Touchpad driver. Regarding taking note of all the drivers that were updated, no, I trusted the program to know which ones needed an update and let the program run. There is really nothing to go back to since the machine has now been wiped 4x's to factory install with no drivers being replaced that run the trackpad.

As you mentioned, I am annoyed (mild description, but ok) at the Driver program. I have had zero problems with all the rest of the programs I have bought through IOBit. They work fine. I just want to get my trackpad working again.

Edited by macandeman

On 6/9/2021 at 10:06 PM, Scannan said:

While I fully understand your frustration, I cannot understand what answer you are looking for.

If Lenovo came out and replaced the stated parts, and they could not get the trackpad working,

I honestly cannot see how anybody else could have a solution.

I have the IDENTICAL problem. Lenovo Yoga 7 ideapad was working fine.  I recently bought ASC Pro. I used the general scan option. It reported that there were some outdated drivers, please run Driver Booster.  I ran DB Pro 8. After that the touchpad not merely stopped working but was removed from the list of devices on the machine. Now what?  I have contacted IOBIT, as this was a paid Pro bundle. Big FAT SILENCE.

On 6/10/2021 at 12:20 AM, Scannan said:

I do not understand what you mean by.."drivers that I apparently cannot replace".

I have a Lenovo Ideapad and I have never had a problem getting drivers.

Why did'nt the Lenovo techs, reload the required drivers. I find it incredible that they replaced such comprehensive hardware,

and then walked away when it did not work, saying that it is a software issue. Surely, if they replaced hardware

it is their responsibility to get it working, regardless of whether a third party program caused a driver issue.

Did they even tell you what the "Software issue" is??

I presume you tried rolling back the drivers, or doing a system restore to a time before the issue occurred.

I also went to the Lenovo site for a replacement driver.   There is none, BECAUSE the problem is caused by DB 8´s deletion of the device. When the Lenovo bot looks for devices, it does not see the touchpad, and thus does not suggest a new driver. When I look at windows list of devices, there is a little yellow triangle flagging distress.

No I have not done a system restore, and nor should one be necessary. I have used DB (earlier versions and different machines), but have never had this catastrophe.

I notice that this moderator blames 1 the idiot user 2 Lenovo.

This attitude is not helpful. If I were to reflect the same tone, I wd say that this moderator " conspicuously failed the customer service training course, and needs to repeat it" before s/he further tarnishes the formerly good name of Iobit.

If I pay Lenovo to fix this problem, caused 100% by IOBIT software, is Iobit going to refund me their fee?

I have contacted Iobit, to no effect and uninstalled this PAID software Driver Booster Software PRO 8

I most certainly did not blame anyone. I am not interested in blame. It certainly never fixed anything in my experience.

Nobody forced you to use DB. I have always advised users to never update drivers in Bulk, so that you can identify issues if they occur.

At least I answered and tried to help. Unlike Iobit.

I don't work for Iobit. This is a volunteer site. So, no training courses.

I still say that when the Lenovo techs replaced major parts, they should have ensured the pc worked.

At least you have given additional info, that the Device was removed. So, that can now be looked at.

So, in the midst of your moaning, you were helpful.

I still think a system restore is worth a shot.

I know I'm not the only one out there with this problem because I have seen the posts. I appreciate that you are a volunteer and help people. Thanks. On the other hand, who in the world is going read your advice about bulk driver changes unless something happens? Shouldn't Iobit have right in the beginning of the install say do a little at a time or something? And, hey the comment, "Nobody forced you to use DB", is just wrong. It's does not help anyone. We buy a product in good faith and expect the results advertised. That is not OUR fault. 

The fact is, this piece of software kills machines. It should be OFF the market until their engineers find out why these complaints are happening. If they gave a crap they would. It's not Levono's fault. It worked just fine before I ran the driver program. 

For the last time....I never said it was Lenovo's fault.....I said that I would not accept them changing major hardware and walking

away without making sure everything is working.

No....you are not the only one out there with this problem. It is a widespread problem, but caused by many different things. So it is

not a specifically DB problem....see here...https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+does+not+see+the+trackpad&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

and here....https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/387142/How+to+activate+touchpad+not+found+in+device+manager

The people who will take my advice on Bulk Driver Updates, are the people who take the time to read the many posts in the DB section

of the Forum, where I have given this advice many times. I do not use driver booster, because my philosophy is if it's not broken, don't fix it, and I am not

alone in this. Many tech savvy people also give the same advice.

I stand by my statement...Nobody forced you to use DB. You bought a program on good faith and decided to use it without first checking if there were

any possible drawbacks with the program. No program is perfect (look at Microsoft/windows), so a simple google, or reading the many posts in this Forum

would have quickly shown you that there are risks and good and bad ways of using the program.

I absolutely agree with you that there should be a warning/notice that bulk updating is not advised as it can be difficult to identify problems if they occur.

Again, if you read the many posts in the DB section of the Forum, you will see that I have said this to Iobit many times.

No, this software does not kill machines....it causes issues sometimes.....there are many thousands of people using DB with no issues.

Did you go through the settings before you ran the program....because if you did you will see the options, to either download the most stable drivers

or the latest drivers, and there is a warning that the latest drivers may not be fully tested and could cause issues.

• 2 months later...

Hey mecandeman!

I had the same issue 

But now I fixed it through the following steps:

1)Type Device Manager in windows search. and click on the first result(it is basically a shortcut to some page in the control panel)

2)check all the drop down menues and find all the devices showing exclamation mark

3)then simply right click on those devices and click properties

4)go to the Drivers tab

5)Click on Roll Back Driver

6)You will get a prompt to specify for the reason of rollback(choose your reason)

7)Click YES 

And this should do it

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

Since the environment of each PC is different, we need the tool to get the information about your system and the operation of our program. Without the required information, we can do little to analyze the issue or further help you. Your understanding is highly appreciated and it would be much better if you can follow the steps in the previous email to get the information.
Please download https://cdn.iobit.com/dl/db/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe > double click to run this tool on the problem PC > click 'Save report to Desktop' > find db_info_YYMMDD.zip on your desktop > send us the zip file.

We will analyze the file and try our best to find a solution for you.

• 2 months later...

I have solution for this problem!

I have same problem, Driver Booster total delete my touchpad in Lenovo (this problem is specific for Lenovo I think).

U need go to Device Manager...but look for icon of "keaboard with caution triangle". U dont solve problem on "mouse section" ...u need look for keaboard.

Right click on this specific keaboard with caution triangle icon...and DELETE drivers...and DELETE driver files from PC! Dont worry about it.

After you do this...u need restart + update with Windows update.

I think Driver Booster corupt driver file, and windows update / lenovo driver cant replace this corupted driver earlier, then u delete this complete.

This problem at random solve one Czech HERO on czech Lenovo forum.

• Thanks 2

• Scannan changed the title to Trackpad failure after running program -(Solved)
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2022 at 9:57 PM, Ghost_Loli said:

I have solution for this problem!

I have same problem, Driver Booster total delete my touchpad in Lenovo (this problem is specific for Lenovo I think).

U need go to Device Manager...but look for icon of "keaboard with caution triangle". U dont solve problem on "mouse section" ...u need look for keaboard.

Right click on this specific keaboard with caution triangle icon...and DELETE drivers...and DELETE driver files from PC! Dont worry about it.

After you do this...u need restart + update with Windows update.

I think Driver Booster corupt driver file, and windows update / lenovo driver cant replace this corupted driver earlier, then u delete this complete.

This problem at random solve one Czech HERO on czech Lenovo forum.

This works, but what i did instead is i rollback the driver to the previous version, and the touchpad working right away after that

just right click it, go to properties, go to driver and select roll back drivers

• 3 months later...

my touch pad was killed after i started scanning drivers using driver booster. now i have reset the windows many times and my touch pad is still not working. after checking up the computer i found that my touchpad short-circuited when driver booster scanned my laptop.  i don't know who to blame. but dont use this software at all. its bad for your pc.