IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Older versions

Older is Better

At least for me in this case.Thanks Enoskype for that window of opportunity.After using 1.10, I noticed a slow down in execution of my utilities-SAS,MB,and even ASC,Also noted on the GUI that my frequently used files were co-mingled with my rarely used files.Previous versions never left the drive in that condition.It was always solid lines of blue above solid lines of pink(how I hate that color for a utility)followed by MFT and then free space.Time of execution for apps. went from 2 seconds to 6 or 7,immediately after the first deployment of V1.10.Though the custom color feature is great,the "deep optimize" does not seem to live up to it's name-at least for me.I had to employ the use of another utility to restore my drive to a contiguous state.Now,hopefully,1.03 can put things back the way they were and restore my speed.

Hi enoskype

The link I have from serpico (and provided) works by me. I downloaded version 1.0.3 from there couple of days ago and just now.

No problem by me!

Hi detailer - I too think that it is a bit slower opening, but I did put it down to not having SmartDefrag in the StartUp?

So I am still using the latest version.

Cheers

solbjerg

OK Homo Sapiens=Dumb,

You have 15 minutes to download.

Download SD 1.03

Go on.

Cheers.

NOTE: sobjerg, serpico's doesn't work

EDIT: Time is up.

OK guys, now I know why I can't open that web page!!!

I use HostsMan program which acts like SS&D, adding the malicious web addresses to Hosts file.

It updates those malicious addresses from different servers automatically, and deletes if there are dublicates.

1) MVPS Hosts

2) hpHosts

3) Peter Lowe's AdServers List

4) Mike's Ad Blocking Hosts

Addition to that, I use SS&D, SpywareBlaster, and ASC 3, all adding to blocked addresses adding up to 93,008 host names.

See the attached file, addition to that, there are a lot of filtered web pages with brothersoft in them .

My advice is, not to go to that page if you don't have strong defence system.

Cheers.

Hi detailer,

There are 58 variants of Brothersoft web addresses in the Hosts file to be considered as, say malware included web addresses.

I take HostsMan program seriously, and I will not exclude any of them from Hosts file anyway, so it is your decision.

INFO:

Even only MVPS Hosts server addresses are the same as vman's Hosts.zip security addresses.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

I am sure you are right, I do not like sites that are plastered with adds either especially those that have very aggressive adds.

But never the less I downloaded version 1.03 from the link and haven't experienced any ill effects from that. Of course I only did that, didn't look at what else the site had to offer or anything, just the download of SmartDefrag 1.03.

Hopefully there are no one else that wants to downgrade :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi detailer,

There are 58 variants of Brothersoft web addresses in the Hosts file to be considered as, say malware included web addresses.

I take HostsMan program seriously, and I will not exclude any of them from Hosts file anyway, so it is your decision.

INFO:

Even only MVPS Hosts server addresses are the same as vman's Hosts.zip security addresses.

Cheers.

Well when i was formatting my new primary drive on Sunday,i was going thru the set up files on my secondary drive,and was very lucky to find the set up file for the original version,1.0.

Naturally i was very pleased,and installed it straight away.

From now on,if i like a particular build of an app,im going to copy the set up files onto another drive.

You got it right the 1st time IObit developers. Thankyou for a smart app.

It goes to prove that newer versions aren't always an improvement. 8-)

It goes to prove that newer versions aren't always an improvement. 8-)

...but sometimes newer versions can prove themselves to be an improvement in some systems. I have all of the previous versions of Smart Defrag that I have installed stored on my 1TB Disk Drive, but I have had no occasion to use them because v1.1.0.2 is working perfectly and for me has features that are personally preferable to the previous versions of Smart Defrag that I have used.

Fortunately there different versions of Smart Defrag that offer a variety of solutions to match individual applications.

~Maxx~

Archived