IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit driver updater

Hi,

I was looking for the most recent drivers with the I/Obit driver update and found I needed to update three drivers. Well I downloaded one and everything went through ok and it re-booted but the same driver was there when I went to do another one. Does anybody know as of why??? Thanks Bmx485/Lorenz

Yes I do

Hi Bmx-Simply put,this is an area that hasn't performed well in this utility since I can remember.Go to the manufacturer's website for your driver updates.Perform a search on the forum(update drivers or reverse) and you should come up with more as we have kicked this one around pretty good in the past.

Hi Bmx

I think the reason the driver wasn't changed was because the one found by the application is the newest driver they have but it is probably not yet validated by Microsoft and consequently not installed if you are running default settings in Windows.

Therefore it is always as detailer says a good idea to go to the site of the driver you want to use and find one that has been validated and then download that one.

Just to find the site from where to download is a big help too!

One could say that the program could function with the validation "in mind", but some may want the newest driver and have circumvented the validation, and then they would feel aggrieved.

I sometimes use it just to identify which drivers have newer versions and then go to Device Manager and ask it to check for new drivers in that area, once in a while it will install a newer driver, but mostly it will keep the one already there.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

I was looking for the most recent drivers with the I/Obit driver update and found I needed to update three drivers. Well I downloaded one and everything went through ok and it re-booted but the same driver was there when I went to do another one. Does anybody know as of why??? Thanks Bmx485/Lorenz

Archived