IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problem - Please help!

asifb

I ran the Free version of ASC. I went through the entire process and perhaps was too aggressive in saying yes to all Repairs. Yes, I have read the post "Usage of IObit Product" in the Lounge section and complied with it. The problem is that when my XP Prof (Media Center Edition) launches, I am not able to execute anythin for about 20 minutes. Then everything seems to be fine. When i say execute anything, I mean anything. No app can be launched, no wireless service is turned on. I have played with the MSCONFIG to try various options. The result is the same. I tried to go back to an earlier restore point, that didn't fix the problem either. I have even upgraded my XP to service pack 3 to ensure any extensions or system files that may have been inadvertedly altered could be fixed - nothing. My CD of Windows XP Prof is of an earlier version so it is telling me that I have a later version and it can not work. I desperetly need help please. Anyone?

I have uninstalled SP3 but the problem still exits.

The problem seems like some basic setup issue with services (unless defrag did something aweful). I have tried uninstalling AVG and any other virus tools as well. The system starts up but takes about 20 minutes to do anything. My XP CD unfortunetly is of XP Pro and I have now an XP Media Center installation. IT wont work. anyone has any other ideas?

Hi asifb

Sounds like it could be virus or spyware. Have you checked that?

Have you run a chkdsk (complete)?

Have you checked your settings in services?

Borrowing the right cd from a friend for the sfc /scannow might work too.

Did the media center installation come pre-installed on your computer?

Cheers

solbjerg

The problem seems like some basic setup issue with services (unless defrag did something aweful). I have tried uninstalling AVG and any other virus tools as well. The system starts up but takes about 20 minutes to do anything. My XP CD unfortunetly is of XP Pro and I have now an XP Media Center installation. IT wont work. anyone has any other ideas?

Archived