IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Microsoft Silver Light unneeded

Alef

I think including "Microsoft Silverlight" in List of missing Game Drivers on Windows 10 is a mistake.

I don't use it and haven't installed it for years, Websites Don't need it, in a World Adobe Flash Player is replaced with HTML5.

and by 12 October 2021, it will be Microsoft's End of Support for "Microsoft Silverlight"

so I suggest omitting "Microsoft Silverlight" from list of Recommended missing Game Drivers.

Thanks.

Hi Alef,

Thank you for your feedback. All the drivers provided by Driver Booster are from the devices' official websites and Microsoft. We will update our database timely when there is any changes.

Anyway, it is highly appreciated that you pay attention to Driver Booster. 🙂

• 2 months later...

Ya there's a few unnecessary drivers that always pop up. the silverlight driver, the xna framework (i've personally not ever played a game that ran on this), and the openal audio driver. As far as i know, all 3 are deprecated. Also certain intel drivers on the z370 boards you notify of updates for but they're not even from the same manufacturer. An example is intel smbus - a2a3 version 10.1.11.4- and you say an update is available from Synaptics 19.5.10.134. And the only thing i can think of that would make you offer this is because the dating on all intel drivers for this board have a 1968 date on them (for their 50th year anni.)