IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Illegal Parking Causes Virus

detailer

Yes I do

And yes they are Ted.I started using it middle of last month when v. 4.0 was released.I had been looking for another "break-out" scanner to get a third opinion after SAS and MB.You know I've got so much security on this baby that I run it in rotation to avoid conflicts.That said,first scan with A-2 nailed two key-loggers.Things I look for beside detection, are scan speed,and how many definition updates are available in 24hrs.This fits the bill nicely.The other big consideration is support."Support for free app.?" you're no doubt asking yourself.Their forum is as good as they come,and after a few reads there,installing A-2 was a no-brainer for me.I have always believed that you can get a better feel for a product from their discussion forum rather than subjective product reviews.Give it and go,and I'd be surprised if it doesn't find a nasty or two you didn't know you had.

A-2

Hi Sunny-v.4.0 has a tuneable option to rescan quarantined items after updates to weed out false positives-don't know if older versions had this.Also,SAS and MB blew right past those keyloggers in full/deep scan mode.A little research showed they were legitimate threats.

Hi there, detailer,

I'm using SAS and MB only at the moment, but It may be wise to try another one out as there's something funny going on here with my internet Data usage.

Up until ten days ago my Data usage was only averaging about 150mbs a day, but suddenly it has skyrocketed for no apparent reason. The breakout figures from my server showed my Data usage for two days running was 1.3 gbs and 1.2gbs respectively and I'm only using a 256/128 connection! They are looking into it for me.

I've also found a neat little freeware Net usage meter named: NetMeter. I'm using the Beta version which is only a few days old, so I'll be able to keep track of things myself.

Couldn't Hurt

Hi Ted-It's definitely worth a shot.Since SAS,MB,and A-2 are all scanners with no real time protection,you can have as many of these types of apps.as you want.Trend Micro's House Call is nice for another opinion(no installation involved)If you haven't already,take a look at this forum.No offense to anyone here,but this community addresses a much broader range of software and hardware related issues.You'll find some first class geeks there that really know what they're talking about.Look for me there,I'm the guy asking the stupidest questions http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Confused/confused-22.gif

Archived