IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare deletes importent files?

assault911

when i was using advance system care v3 iv incounted that it deletes important unstall log files in games and other softwear? is it V3 or disk cleaner utility?

another prob iv come across is it deletes an extremely important file in Microsoft office, its the (Sku11.CAB) file and it needs the disc but don't have it so i have to fix that somehow..

any way to get around these?

the top one is just a minor annoyance

but the bottom one is not to nice:sad:

please help me i like this software its the best and iv used it since it was called advance windows care, that was an awesome piece of work;-)

Use Ignore List

Hi 911-First take advantage of the restore in ASC(found under utilities/admin tools/restore center) to "undo" your changes.Select from the list of "corrections" that have caused the problems and select "undo changes".The next time you run a scan with ASC,carefully look over all of the proposed "fixes" or deletions.Right click and choose "add to ignore list " as well as unchecking the box for those entries.Those entries will then not be considered for repair at this time and,more importantly,not come up as suggested

"problems" on subsequent scans

the weird thing is it doesn't say anything about log or install files in the settings

it was the first thing that i did, cant be bothered restoring cuz advanced system care v3 fixed alot of stuff already lol but a manual delete of the things i want to unstall is what iv been doing to combat that prob:???: but that Sku111.CAB prob happened on my sisters laptop when using it, i hope the restore function works:neutral: cuz got no disc to fix the prob on that laptop

Hi assault

There are rather many links to the Stock Keeping Unit. cap file you are talking about, so just write SKU111.cab in your search line and choose the solution that looks right - easiest to you.

Or perhaps it is still there but have lost it's .cap somehow :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

the weird thing is it doesn't say anything about log or install files in the settings

it was the first thing that i did, cant be bothered restoring cuz advanced system care v3 fixed alot of stuff already lol but a manual delete of the things i want to unstall is what iv been doing to combat that prob:???: but that Sku111.CAB prob happened on my sisters laptop when using it, i hope the restore function works:neutral: cuz got no disc to fix the prob on that laptop

AdvPro3 seems to be deleting VERY important files...

I too have had difficulty with AdvCarePro3 deleting important files such as my system restore points and other backup points. AdvCp3 only keeps ONE restore point from the previous day!!! All previous backups are gone!!!! even from the month prior.

It also deleted important security information from my local email folder (i use Eudora). I had to re-install my desktop mail package.

Can anyone help me with this?

Hi, can you advise a technical novice 8-/

Hi, I have ASC V3 and silly me only today realised there is much more to it than I thought, and as am so keen to ensure that I keep my pc running top notch (due to chronic illness am mostly housebound and my pc is very important in reaching outside world and shopping for all my needs, gifts etc) and when looked into doing the "utilities" tab (Disk Cleaner) I really have no idea what I should let it remove or leave... hopeless on the techical bit Im afraid. I have my main C drive but also a couple of other drives used for storage, so it will go through them all, and now Im thriply confused... sorry, but any help/advice anyone can give this novice to this particular type of technical issues, would be so very much appreciated. Thank You if you can.

Hope this finds you well and hope you dont mind me asking. Have a good afternoon :-) Love the software but so wish I understood the technical side more 8-/

Archived