IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

iTOP products auto installs even when declined

marmackco

During last update of iobit uninstaller (paid version), iTOP VPN was surreptitiously installed and a pop-up screen with no way to kill it appeared. I had to re-boot my PC to get rid of it.

This action is deplorable and I will cancel my subscription if it happens again.

Same here. I'm uninstalling all of my iobit software and discontinuing my iobit subscriptions as of now. This sort of behavior just tells me that they are willing and capable of, if not already committing, things like identity theft, tracing activities online, installing spyware, et cetera. You only get one chance with my personal computer system, and iobit blew it. 

There are alternatives that are just as inexpensive and effective that don't resort to this sort of unethical, low-class marketing and invasion.

I suggest anyone else strongly reconsider their patronage of iobit.

• Like 1

Hi marmackco and Inazuma,

Actually, it is an recommendation. Users can refuse it if you are not interested in it. Sorry if you did not cancel it and install it actidently. 

I will report your feedback to our prouct team. We will keep on improving to let users who really need this program can have a changce to know it. At the same time, do not disturb those who are not interested in.

Thanks for your understanding. 

23 hours ago, Cicely said:

Hi marmackco and Inazuma,

Actually, it is an recommendation. Users can refuse it if you are not interested in it. Sorry if you did not cancel it and install it actidently. 

I will report your feedback to our prouct team. We will keep on improving to let users who really need this program can have a changce to know it. At the same time, do not disturb those who are not interested in.

Please can you tell me HOW to stop this malware being installed, when I install IOBit apps? I am getting fed up having to uninstall it after each upgrade of IOBit s/w

Hello garyrowe,

Please untik the recommendation when you update the program. If you have installed it, you can unintall it with IObit Uninstaller.

It is not malware, pleae do not worry. It is a VPN program. 

Sorry to bring you inconvenience. I will report your feedback to our product team for consideration. 

I have posted this in other places on this form...I will be not be renewing ANY of my subscription with you once they expire. I am sick of this BS you all have started with the pop ups and this iTop self installing every couple week. You service has become nothing more then a used car salesman or one of the POS that call on the phone wanting to sell me an extended warranty for my care...maybe you all should think about having your paying customes tic it if they want it rather then untick if they don't!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Came here for this same reason. The ITop software keeps on automatically installing itself and I manually uninstall it straight after, done this several times now. IObit have become so spammy with popups and this nonsense and I'm going to uninstall everything now.

Edited by bassc

Hi jrhslick and bassc

Sincerley sorry to hear that.

As I mentioned before you can untick the checkbox for iToP  VPN if you do not want it during your installtion of IObit programs. But you may need ot check it with more attention.

I will report your feedbacks to our product team.

We will try a make a better balance in the future.😀

I installed it ONCE to check it out, then decided I don't want it. I used ioBit uninstaller to remove it. Now every time I update any ioBit software, it reinstalls the iTop software too. Please, how to I stop it from installing it? I don't want to have to uninstall it every time I update the ioBit software. If it installs again, without a permanent solution to keep it from reinstalling, then I'll also discontinue my subscription to ioBit and remove all of your software.

On 9/10/2021 at 3:29 AM, Cicely said:

Hi jrhslick and bassc

Sincerley sorry to hear that.

As I mentioned before you can untick the checkbox for iToP  VPN if you do not want it during your installtion of IObit programs. But you may need ot check it with more attention.

I will report your feedbacks to our product team.

We will try a make a better balance in the future.😀

Cicely...the iTop programs are now installing themselves without a "checkbox" appearing.  Today I updated Driver Booster to the latest version and all 3 iTop programs were installed without asking me.  I think many of the posters are having the same "problem".  As others have said, if IObit can't get it's stuff together and stop this, I will be looking for a new service for the first time in 6 years.  As a paying customer this is completely unacceptable behavior.  Does IObit staff understand this is the kind of issue that puts these types of companies out business because too many paying customers leave?  Geeze, I don't need IObit being a VPN vendor.

Edited by thebigshow8
  • Like 1

Hello James Lindley and thebigshow8,

There is always checkbox to install or not install the program. Please check it carefully when you update or install the latest program.

We are sorry to hear it.

I will report the situation t oour product team and we will improve it.

You wrote: At the same time, do not disturb those who are not interested in.

How stupid do you think we are? you are chastising us for bringing up problems? You should WELCOME problem postings so you can satisfy customers. with your policies, you won't be in business for very long. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WhiteFang said:

You wrote: At the same time, do not disturb those who are not interested in.

How stupid do you think we are? you are chastising us for bringing up problems? You should WELCOME problem postings so you can satisfy customers. with your policies, you won't be in business for very long. 

There is no "chastising" in that statement. You need to read the post again, and understand the context.

Getting defensive in your replies just reaffirms what I already posted.

Maybe if you had hired someone who understood English better, you'd understand the "context".  "Picking nits" (look it up if necessary) will not get you more customers...only lose current ones. 

• Thanks 1

You are obviously a troubled person, with a necessity to be always right.

Cicely, was simply saying that she would ask the development department to make it less intrusive/difficult for people who do not want it, but at the same time

make it obvious for people who do.

Obviously it was not simple enough for you. So have your pointless rant if it makes you feel better. I am sure it will be ignored by most sensible people.

4 minutes ago, Scannan said:

Try downloading directly from Majorgeeks site and see if it still happens

Why? I am only interested in downloading the updated IOBit Uninstaller from your  page which appears when I run the Unistaller and you tell me that an update is resdy to install

11 minutes ago, John M said:

Why? I am only interested in downloading the updated IOBit Uninstaller from your  page which appears when I run the Unistaller and you tell me that an update is resdy to install

2 minutes ago, Scannan said:

Ok. I thought you wanted to try and solve the issue.

I have tried directly from Major Geeks and the VPN is still installed without an option not to do so

Thank you.

Now we have established categorically that the issue is not a third party add-on or addware, but is built into the Iobit installer.

Unfortunately, while I sincerely commiserate with you, there is nothing I can do to remove it. That is entirely an Iobit matter.

As you can see from the many posts on this issue, you are not alone.

Personally, rather than waiting for Iobit to do anything, I would be looking to see if there is a way of blocking the iTop installation, using windows Controlled Folder Access....or your Firewall....or some site blocker.

21 minutes ago, Scannan said:

Thank you.

Now we have established categorically that the issue is not a third party add-on or addware, but is built into the Iobit installer.

Unfortunately, while I sincerely commiserate with you, there is nothing I can do to remove it. That is entirely an Iobit matter.

As you can see from the many posts on this issue, you are not alone.

Personally, rather than waiting for Iobit to do anything, I would be looking to see if there is a way of blocking the iTop installation, using windows Controlled Folder Access....or your Firewall....or some site blocker.

Thank you, but I am unsure if I am sufficiently competent to do what you suggest

I understand. It can be daunting.

If you type Controlled folder Access into your search bar (in your system tray) you will be able to open the controlled folder access application.

There you can block a file from accessing your system. So while iTop is installed, you could locate the .exe file and block it in Controlled Folder Access.

I sincerely hope Iobit will do something soon to correct this awful situation.