IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

mysterious start-up screen

wolfiedk

Hi,

I just installed ASC 3.1.2 three days ago, free version, and it "appears" to be working fine, however since the install I have been getting a very strange looking window show-up when I turn on my computer.

It has the general appearance of a dialogue box, but no characters in it, just some unrecognisable gibberish and what looks to be german, but it looks like nothing I have ever seen, and a "OKAY" button at the bottom, I must press ok to complete my start-up. WHAT IS THIS THING AND WHAT AM I SAYING OKAY TO?

I have looked into my start-up sequence and can't see any new programmes or services that initiate on start-up. So my worry is this, Have I installed a buggy/dodgy product? Or is there a rational explanation for this?

Strange Indeed

Hi wolfiedk-Is a screeenshot possible?You may not be far enough along in the boot process to achieve one,but it's worth a try.Have a look at Solbjerg's post, here if you're not familiar with the procedure.Also,if the window will respond to a right click,you could go with a "save as" command,and use translator to decipher the text.

Hi wolfiedk (countryman?)

Have you tried to have the settings in ASC to NOT start up with Windows?

In case it has something to do wit ASC.

I have never heard that one before in connection with ASC.

Please give some feedback!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

I just installed ASC 3.1.2 three days ago, free version, and it "appears" to be working fine, however since the install I have been getting a very strange looking window show-up when I turn on my computer.

It has the general appearance of a dialogue box, but no characters in it, just some unrecognisable gibberish and what looks to be german, but it looks like nothing I have ever seen, and a "OKAY" button at the bottom, I must press ok to complete my start-up. WHAT IS THIS THING AND WHAT AM I SAYING OKAY TO?

I have looked into my start-up sequence and can't see any new programmes or services that initiate on start-up. So my worry is this, Have I installed a buggy/dodgy product? Or is there a rational explanation for this?

so angry

Well, I have just uninstalled ASC AND Smart(?) Defrag, The window shows "microsoft kerberos v1.0" NEVER seen this before and it is seriously fu**ing up my computer. I can't find out how to get my old set-up back and I can't find a way to uninstall this piece of sh**, damn I am so fu**ing angry. I can normally download from utorrent with 250kb+ now i get no higher than 50kb, AND when I ran defrag "deep optimise" it deleted my entire history even though I didn't mark the check box. All I wanted was a deep defrag and clean NOT a total clusterfu**.

I could seriously beat the sh** out of someone right now, yes I live in Denmark.

XP home real version

Avast latest version

Spybot S&D latest

Adaware latest

Glarysoft ulitities pack (runs every other day to keep things sweet)( registry cleaner, bug finding, ect.ect.)

I have NOT had a problem in 3.5 years, only after I installed your product did "shit 'appen"

I run these every sunday and avast is always on, and I am no n00b, I stay away from russian and chinese sites and have otherwise a very very sharp intellect as to "dodgy" sites. Yours is the only new software to cause problems.

If ASC or Defrag has messed up my computer,,,,,,,,,, there will be hell to pay, seriously.

Hi wolfiedk

I am sorry you have that many problems.

Did you read the manual or "Usage of IObit Products" in the Lounge section here - before clicking repair or maybe even Care?

Cheers

solbjerg

XP home real version

Avast latest version

Spybot S&D latest

Adaware latest

Glarysoft ulitities pack (runs every other day to keep things sweet)( registry cleaner, bug finding, ect.ect.)

I have NOT had a problem in 3.5 years, only after I installed your product did "shit 'appen"

I run these every sunday and avast is always on, and I am no n00b, I stay away from russian and chinese sites and have otherwise a very very sharp intellect as to "dodgy" sites. Yours is the only new software to cause problems.

If ASC or Defrag has messed up my computer,,,,,,,,,, there will be hell to pay, seriously.

I scanned it, on the other hand I got this crap from Major Geeks and you were an approved product, with good recomandations. i.e. trusted software. Normally it takes no time 40mins or less, to down a 350Mb file and I could have up to 6 files d/l at a time,,,,NOW just 1 file at a time and it takes up to 4 hours. F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could scream, I have ALWAYS been very carefull of what I d/l and install. F*ck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi wolfiedk

I think kerberos is a security protocol for shared files. Take a look on the internet.

Is it a server you are running?

Otherwise try using Windows system restore facility and go back at least to before you you ran the scan.

Kerberos (Guarddogs in Hell in Greek mythology)

Cheers

solbjerg

and just what the f*ck is kerberos?

Hi wolfiedk

I think kerberos is a security protocol for shared files. Take a look on the internet.

Is it a server you are running?

Otherwise try using Windows restore facility and go back at least to before you you ran the scan.

Kerberos (Guarddogs in Hell in Greek mythology)

Cheers

solbjerg

NO, it is not a bloody server I am running, just my good old standalone, and the more I think about how f*cked up everything is the angrier I get. And all you can say is check the net?

Do you have any idea of what your product can do as damage? I have read a lot of the posts in here. There are serious probs. Windows restore facility? and delete everything? Thanx

Ok wolfiedk

You had better try asking IObit direct then. Here in the forum nearly all of us are just users - me too.

Goodbye

solbjerg

NO, it is not a bloody server I am running, just my good old standalone, and the more I think about how f*cked up everything is the angrier I get. And all you can say is check the net?

Do you have any idea of what your product can do as damage? I have read a lot of the posts in here. There are serious probs. Windows restore facility? and delete everything? Thanx

solbjerg,

Sorry, men jeg er normalt er meget meget forsigtig i hvad jeg laver, installere og ting. jeg kan ikke fatte at denne prog har lavet så meget ravage og jeg kan ik få opbakning.

Jeg har tænkte mig at få fat i IObit, og firmaet bliver ik glad for min input.

Jeg er ikke sur på Jer persolig men i skulle have mere insigt i hvad der forgår. Nu skal jeg tag en slapper og lad være med at tænke på skaderne, indtil imorgen. Måske kan jeg finde en løsning

vcz,

wolfie

Hi wolfiedk

Please write in English in the forum - you can PM me in Danish if you like.

I still think that a System Restore is a possibility. (systemgendannelsesfunktionen)

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg,

Sorry, men jeg er normalt er meget meget forsigtig i hvad jeg laver, installere og ting. jeg kan ikke fatte at denne prog har lavet så meget ravage og jeg kan ik få opbakning.

Jeg har tænkte mig at få fat i IObit, og firmaet bliver ik glad for min input.

Jeg er ikke sur på Jer persolig men i skulle have mere insigt i hvad der forgår. Nu skal jeg tag en slapper og lad være med at tænke på skaderne, indtil imorgen. Måske kan jeg finde en løsning

vcz,

wolfie

solbjerg, please correct if this is wrong, as you may not want to translate it, Google did it.

Google translate+ of post #13.

"solbjerg,

Sorry, but I am normally very very careful in what I do, install and stuff. I can not grasp that this program has created so much havoc and I can not get support.

I intend to get IObit, and the company becomes not glad for my input.

I'm not mad at you but people should have more insigt of what happens. Now I take a relax and do not think of the damage until tomorrow. Maybe I can find a solution

vcz,

wolfie"

Hi enoskype

No I didn't want to translate it

But it is a fairly fair translation - some "beauty spots" (foibles) but essentially ok.

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg, please correct if this is wrong, as you may not want to translate it, Google did it.

Google translate+ of post #13.

Archived