IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Uninstalling Windows Defender

garybear

There has been a lot of good information about uninstalling programs on the forum. I would like to add my 2 cents. If there is any thing left when I get through uninstalling, it can stay. This is how I get rid of Windows Defender. First I use the uninstaller feather that came with the soft ware. Most programs have this. You would think this would remove every thing. You would be wrong. Next I use search for all files and folders for Windows Defender and delete every thing I find there. Some of these will not delete,so sap them with unlocker. Keep trying , you will get them. Find Programs in Windows Explorer and then find Windows Defender. Delete all files and folders there, if there are any left, may have to sap them with unlocker. Now we we go to the registry. I use RegSeeker , I have used it for five years. It is freeware, and has never caused me any problems Use the Search for feather in RegSeeker.Type in Window Defender. Delete every thing that says Windows Defender. Be careful and don't delete any thing that you are not sure of. RegSeeker is very reliable and has never caused me a problem. The last thing I do is use the edit feather in Regestry. Click on find, and type Windows Defender . Delete every thing that relates to Windows Defender. Use f3 to find next entry, keep using f3 and delete until you see search complete. If there is any thing left it can just stay there. I'm not real good explaining things and I'm hoping some one will help me out and clear up things in this thread that I've screwed up. I will not be offended ,and would appreciate all comments and corrections. I'm sorry this is so long, and hope someone can correct and make it shorter.PS I know you experts can help. I know many of these things have been discussed on the the forum, but I was bored (lol) [garybear]

uninstall

Hi Gary-well that sounds about as effective a search and destroy mission could be! I like to start the process with Revo-this lets the built in uninstaller "go first",and then it goes for all left-overs next. Then the clean up with Reg Seeker and Reg Edit are a little quicker(less junk left over after Revo runs)

Hey sunny thanks for post. what do you mean delete as normal? Do you do any thing different. Please add your comments to this thread. I'm always learning from you guys. I f you can add any thing or explain any thing, it will be well appreciated. I'm not good at explaining things. I was hoping everyone would jump in with their comments and correct any thing wrong or needing improvement . Live well my friend.[garybear]

Hi sunny

I just want to add - after all this run a Maintain Windows (Registry Fix) or if configured a "Care" in ASC too! :-) to be as clean as possible :-)

If you do not have ASC installed run another registry cleaner - possibly Ccleaner to find unnecessary items in the registry.

Cheers

solbjerg

goto control panel - add/remove programs select windows defender and choose unistall.

better uninstall that clears up reg entries is as Detailer mentioned download revo uninstaller and unistall with that.

Windows Defender is history

I also had Windows Defender running until it started having this little up date icon in my tray that wouldn't up date and wouldn't go away. I don't put up with bs from programs. If you annoy me , you get deleted. I down loaded adware in Windows Defender's place, along with Malwarebytes .If they annoy me, they will bite the dust also. There are a million more out there to try. The new adware looks real good to me, and I know Malwarebytes is good, so for now Windows Defender is history on my pc.Thanks for your posts every one[Live well]garybear]

I've got to tell you Sunny,Norton not responding to a threat doesn't surprise me in the least.It's like trying to use one thesehttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/chick-48.gifto guard your system.Go get yourself one of thesehttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/shark.gif

Hi gary

Like sunny I have it running too. No irritating icon!

But I configured it in the settings to not to behave as to irritate me!! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I also had Windows Defender running until it started having this little up date icon in my tray that wouldn't up date and wouldn't go away. I don't put up with bs from programs. If you annoy me , you get deleted. I down loaded adware in Windows Defender's place, along with Malwarebytes .If they annoy me, they will bite the dust also. There are a million more out there to try. The new adware looks real good to me, and I know Malwarebytes is good, so for now Windows Defender is history on my pc.Thanks for your posts every one[Live well]garybear]

Hi guys,

I have been running Windows Defender on XP since it is publicized, I haven't had a problem since then. The former version had more control for the user and was better.

As it is now an inseperable part of the Windows recent systems,Vista and Win7, I belive we should get used to it.

For XP, the glitch is the automatic update, for Vista and Windows7 automatic updates are updating it to a fairly recent released database files.

There is one thing I would like to share with you about Ad-Aware Free Anniversary edition though, the one installed on my XP Pro, Ad-Watch Live is ON and running.

I have checked a friend's Ad-Aware Anniversary edition on his XP Pro, yesterday and whatever I do I could not turn the Ad-Watch Live to ON!!!

(It is always OFF.)

I will be pleased to know other user's experience on this issue.

Cheers.

ha ha ha

Very funny solbjerg.lol I missed that settings in Windows Defender .If I ever get it back, I'll look for that setting. I hate being irritated lol.Does asc3 have that setting also, I'll look for it. I thought I heard Ted or some one else talking about Windows Defender having a problem with their up dates,and was going to delete WD. Yes detailer I was talking about Ad-Aware[Live well my friends]garybear]

Hi enoskype

About Windows Defender - I haven't experienced any problem with it either.

About Ad-Aware Anniversary edition - on my computer Ad-watch is ON but only for processes, the two other options are faded.

Runs fine too!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi guys,

I have been running Windows Defender on XP since it is publicized, I haven't had a problem since then. The former version had more control for the user and was better.

As it is now an inseperable part of the Windows recent systems,Vista and Win7, I belive we should get used to it.

For XP, the glitch is the automatic update, for Vista and Windows7 automatic updates are updating it to a fairly recent released database files.

There is one thing I would like to share with you about Ad-Aware Free Anniversary edition though, the one installed on my XP Pro, Ad-Watch Live is ON and running.

I have checked a friend's Ad-Aware Anniversary edition on his XP Pro, yesterday and whatever I do I could not turn the Ad-Watch Live to ON!!!

(It is always OFF.)

I will be pleased to know other user's experience on this issue.

Cheers.

I've got to tell you Sunny,Norton not responding to a threat doesn't surprise me in the least.It's like trying to use one thesehttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/chick-48.gifto guard your system.Go get yourself one of thesehttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/shark.gif

LOL[garybear] VERY FUNNY DETAILER

Hi gary

Actually it wasn't me asking - it was enoskype

but your perfect screenshot shows it exactly like it is by me.

I wonder why it isn't so by enoskypes friend?

Perhaps a setting in services?? Did you check that enoskype? (well you probably did!) :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solblerg. This is what mine looks like. Is this what you were asking?

Much like enoskype, I have had Windows defender since birth. In fact, it's this post that made me even think about it because it runs and updates so quietyl, I can hardly tell it's even there. Just every once in a while I see the little icon in the tray menu and that's about it!

I had AdAware for years and haven't touched it.

I had created a cleaning program very much like ASC years ago. It was designed to run cleaners, etc in the same fashion as ASC

it's still there...

http://www.xpcleanmenu.hostrocket.com/

lol, I haven't looked at that for years. ( man I put a lot of work into that.

Anyways, you guys check-out my new.. XSkin-Pro for ASC

Lert me know what you think...

Valuater

8)

Hi VMAN. What do you mean MBAM can't be installed if you are already infected. I don't understand what you are saying. Please explain to this dumb old man, and what do you use for your protection? This icon just appeared in my tray and wouldn't up date Windows Defender so I deleted WD. I also used WD a long time, but some one on forum said it was being a pain to up date, and then the icon appeared in my tray and wouldn't up date, so I deleted it.[garybear]

Archived