IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Keyboard stop working after update of drivers on my Asus laptop

Tibi

This problem is really old, always had it with this Driver Booster, should be fixed.

Details about my system: Asus FX502VMZ, el® Core™ i7-7700HQ, nVIDIA® GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, Windows 10 PRO 64-bit.
Driver problem: Keyboards, attached in screenshot.

DriverBooster_gO3qKN5ZRr.png

8 hours ago, Cicely said:

Hi there,

Could you please give us more details about the problem you reported? Do you mean the year? The number displayed is from the official websites.  We only detect the drivers and display it without any changes.

Keyboard stop working when I update keyboard driver, should be removed from update or something. I know its an official driver, but is bugged for this laptop. I can help with any detail (bios version, etc.) If you wanna fix it

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

According to the log, we find that there is Code = 19 in device ASUS Number Pad.

Please go to Device Manager >> find and right click it >> choose Uninstall >> Reboot PC. See if everything is normal or not.
During the uninstall process, please make sure to tick 'Delete the Driver software for this device'.

Here is a screenshot for your reference.

After that, please reinstall the driver from the following link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6cx1ofu3mklcc5/Touchpad_ASUS_Win10_64_VER110030.exe?dl=1

Reboot PC. Tell us if the driver is installed successfully, or if your system is back to normal. No matter whether the problem is fixed or not, please let me know the result.
If the installation fails, please download https://cdn.iobit.com/dl/db/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >> find db_info_YYYYMMDD_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file. And also please send us the related screenshot of the error message you get when you install the driver.
We hope it can help you.

Uninstalled ASUS Number Pad with "Delete the Driver software for this device" and restarted my computer: keyboard is working fine now. 
Installed that Asus touchpad driver: keyboard still working fine. 
So your solution fixed my problem.

Screenshot with driver version for more details: https://i.imgur.com/wWV3Ix7.png

Off topic, not a Iobit Driver Booster problem: now this problem is for Windows 11 too (Windows 11 Insider Preview 22526.1000 (rs_prerelease), that release updates your driver to that keyboard driver with problems for this laptop. I think your solutions works fine for that problem too (didn't updated again my Windows 11 yet, but should work)

I saw thhese related topics (same laptop, same iobit driver booster problem): 

Edited by Tibi

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...