IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Protected Folder isn't protected at all

queenidog

The Protected Folder application does not work as expected.  It DOES protect files and folders in "real time", but if you do a backup (I used EaseUsToDo Backup), your files become exposed in the backup listing!!  NO PROTECTION WHATSOEVER.  I can open up any file in the backup just by double-clicking on it.   This is likely because there is no encryption of the contents.   TrueCrypt is completely protected, even after a backup, files are not accessible.

This is a bug in Protected Folder and should be fixed.  Or stop selling the product.  I sent two emails to Customer Support (I have paid version)...no response.

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

To look into the issue, please give us the related message:

Normally, you can not backup a file or folder when it is under protection by Protected Folder. Do you mean that you can still backup  a file or folder under protection?

Or do you mean that you backup a file and then you added the original file/folder to Protected Folder for protection. But you can still access the backup file/folder?

If you backup it first, then you can access the backup file if you just added the original file/folder to Protected Folder.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• 3 weeks later...