IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Seriously pissed off with IOBits colloboration with ITop

adrewetx

I don't give a monkeys who you are partnered with - you don't have the right to install software without my permission. Which you've just done now with this iTop VPN. 

Rebooted PC, then see huge pop up to install this rubbish with no option to ignore. 

Absolutely vile business practice. I won't be using your software again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello assdd,

Sorry to miss your post.

At present, we are partnered with iTop VPN to help promote its product iTop VPN, which can provide private access to the Internet with military-grade protection.

You can deny it by clicking the "X' button at the top right conern. If you did not see it, please send me the pop up screenshot that you mentioned so that we can help you out of it. 

I have also  forwarded your concern to our product team and market team. They will consider this kind of marketing activity and make a better balance in the future.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After reading all of the above comments, all of which has happened to me on many occasions, combined with the FACT that you get dicked around trying to do a simple update...to which you have to go to a third party site and reload the whole program again and re-install your license. I'm switching back to System Mechanic Pro.

Also I wasn't allowed to like everyone's comments here as they limit you as to how many "likes" you are allowed to give in any one day. Absolutely PATHETIC.

• 8 months later...

Hello! I too have been a fan of IOBit for more than 10 years. I've been a faithful subscriber. Just now I did an automatic install of Uninstaller, and it installed iTop Screen Recorder and some other software into my computer. I deleted these applications immediately.

IOBit we don't want to use iTop software!! Please do not add these programs to your collection! Incredibly frustrating to have iTop software automatically downloaded and installed.  Will do manual installation from now on.

Please, do not force users to install iTop.