IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Exasperating behavior of Cloned File Scanner

mafinokc

My usual procedure is to run the Cloned File Scanner in Filename mode first, delete the duplicates, and then run it in Byte-to-Byte mode. When I run the Scanner in Filename mode, it works well - although I have noticed on many occasions that it isn't perfect: Duplicate files that are deeper than about 3 subfolders in aren't picked up. However, when I switch to Byte-to-Byte mode, the program scans until it gets to 80%, and then just stops there for a long time. After a couple of hours, it gets to 81%, and then if I don't use the computer for a couple of days and then come back to it, sometimes it's finished, and other times it's still hanging somewhere in the 80+% range. Why does it do that, and is there anything that can be done about it?

• 1 month later...

Hi mafinokc,

Sorry for the late reply. 

The new version ASC 15 has released. Please try it from the link https://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/advanced_systemcare.html to check the issues again.

If the issue persists, please use your phone or camera to make a video about the issue and send the video to us via feedback@iobit.com, then we will further check it.

Have a nice day!

• 2 weeks later...

(Second post because I couldn't edit the first post) I am not having a nice day. I neglected to mention that I am running Advanced System Care Ultimate. As far as I can tell, ASC Ultimate is still in version 14. Please correct me if I'm wrong. When will Ultimate be updated to version 15?

As for Cloned File Scanner, I am now having a new problem. When I run it these days, it increases the amount of data on my drive, rather than decreasing it. I am using OneDrive and until the other day, I was not using the space-saving option, i.e., where the file is saved in the cloud with a placeholder or link on the local drive, and then is downloaded when I want to open it. The paradoxical behavior happens mainly when I am trying to eliminate duplicate document files. So I'm broadening my question about Cloned File Scanner: What is its behavior with synced cloud drives, or at least OneDrive? DropBox doesn't seem to be misbehaving. Getting rid of duplicate files is important enough to me that if the IObit product doesn't work, I'd consider getting rid of all the IObit software on the computer (of which there is a lot) and going  completely to some other security suite.

On 10/23/2021 at 11:33 PM, mafinokc said:

(Second post because I couldn't edit the first post) I am not having a nice day. I neglected to mention that I am running Advanced System Care Ultimate. As far as I can tell, ASC Ultimate is still in version 14. Please correct me if I'm wrong. When will Ultimate be updated to version 15?

As for Cloned File Scanner, I am now having a new problem. When I run it these days, it increases the amount of data on my drive, rather than decreasing it. I am using OneDrive and until the other day, I was not using the space-saving option, i.e., where the file is saved in the cloud with a placeholder or link on the local drive, and then is downloaded when I want to open it. The paradoxical behavior happens mainly when I am trying to eliminate duplicate document files. So I'm broadening my question about Cloned File Scanner: What is its behavior with synced cloud drives, or at least OneDrive? DropBox doesn't seem to be misbehaving. Getting rid of duplicate files is important enough to me that if the IObit product doesn't work, I'd consider getting rid of all the IObit software on the computer (of which there is a lot) and going  completely to some other security suite.

Thanks for your update.

The new big version of ASC Ultimate 15 is under development now and will be available at the end of this year. Please stay tuned.

Sorry for the issue you encountered about Cloned File Scanner. Please follow the steps below to help us further check the issue.

Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool on the PC with the problem and click "Save report". After it finishes, you will get a pop-up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click the "OK" button to open that saved folder.

Please send the zipped file to us via feedback@iobit.com for further checking.

Thanks for your effort and help on this issue.