IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Defragment

usmcgunny

Hello gunny

I suppose you are talking about defragmentation (in the wrong section though)

It depends on what you mean by front and end (of round disks) - if you by front mean the center of the disk, then yes - that where the least used files are placed - that is what is going on by defrag&optimize.

If you mean placing the least used files at the outer part of the disk where the circumference is largest - then no - that would mean that the least used files were placed where they were quickest accessible, and that would make no sense.

So the ones that are fastest accessible are the ones at the outer part of the disks.

Please read enoskypes thread "Thinking about defragmentation" in the Lounge section.

Cheers

solbjerg

Is it possible to move seldom used files to the front of the disk and files used most often to the end of the disk?

But Why

Semper Fi gunny-http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Battle/battle98.gifOne defragger I know of that could accomplish that would be Ultimate Defrag,which you can read about here.another(JK Defrag) can be found here.You can pretty much select the files that you want to occupy the inside or the outside of the disk,but gunny,I've got to ask,why you would want to do this?Typically,most frequently used files are placed on the perimeter,followed by less frequently used ones to speed up the process of accessing the files.This is part of the "Optimize" feature in Smart Defrag.

Archived