IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Autodefrag

• 4 weeks later...

similar problem with retaining settinngs

I am have similar issue in regards to retaining settings. I have been setting the defragger to run at a specified time for x# of days. The settings are retained through a reboot however not after I log into a different user. 1. the defrag will not run at the scheduled time in the other user (local account, not networked) 2 when I log back into the administrator account the settings are back to the default.

any help?

Hi all,

Is Auto Defrag designed for only C-Drive, not D or E drive?

In Auto Defrag if you checked the volume on then C,D and E are automatically checked on. Then if you restart the PC or Notebook, only C is checked.......

Best Regards

Satturner

Hi rrhahn,

Smart Defrag is designed by IObit to be used by Administrator or User with full Admin rights.

Do all the users have full Administrator rights on your pC?

Certainly, one user with full admin rights has to be reponsible for the fragmentation condition of a PC.

I believe those are the reasons that you are having such input from SD.

Cheers.

admin rights

no, the end user does not have admin rights. So, having this information, would it then be a better idea to shedule the defrag for everytime the PC boots? Would this setting be wiped also, when the end user (the one without admin rights) logs in?

As far as I understand, you want SD to run when a user without Admin rights is using the PC. This is not possible, so, Smart Defrag will run only if the end user has Administrator rights.

When you check the option "Load automatically at Windows startup", SD will be loaded every time Windows start, but it will not run even manually if the user has limited rights.

Cheers.

i am using SmartDefrag on all my home computers and love it.

there is only one thing that doesn't seem to work properly. the autodefrag.

regardless if i set it unchecked "pause autodefrag when resource usage exceeds xx%" or whatever setting i DO set it........it rarely autodefrags.

i see it once every few hourse doing it's thing, but it only defrags a few files then stops. i can leave my machine alone for days with a few hundred fils to defrag, and later it will still have not done them.

i question the "resource%" it shows disk & CPU %, but is the setting for "pause auto defrag when...." EITHER or BOTH of these measured % ?

i've set "pause auto defrag when...." to UNCHECKED,CHECKED 20,50,90, even 100%...nothing seems to change the behaviour.

my screen-savers kick in exactly when the allotted time is set, what is stopping the autodefrag from realising it's idle time has triggered, and when it DOES trigger, why does it stop even though the PC's idle state is unchanged?

here's a video of what doesn't happen:

http://www.vimeo.com/3853532

Hi p3ngwin

One question: Do you have it running on batteries?

Cheers

solbjerg

i am using SmartDefrag on all my home computers and love it.

there is only one thing that doesn't seem to work properly. the autodefrag.

regardless if i set it unchecked "pause autodefrag when resource usage exceeds xx%" or whatever setting i DO set it........it rarely autodefrags.

i see it once every few hourse doing it's thing, but it only defrags a few files then stops. i can leave my machine alone for days with a few hundred fils to defrag, and later it will still have not done them.

i question the "resource%" it shows disk & CPU %, but is the setting for "pause auto defrag when...." EITHER or BOTH of these measured % ?

i've set "pause auto defrag when...." to UNCHECKED,CHECKED 20,50,90, even 100%...nothing seems to change the behaviour.

my screen-savers kick in exactly when the allotted time is set, what is stopping the autodefrag from realising it's idle time has triggered, and when it DOES trigger, why does it stop even though the PC's idle state is unchanged?

here's a video of what doesn't happen:

not running on batteries.

this is my main desktop machine with power settings in Vist x64 set to "always on".

as you can see in the video, no screen-saver kicks in.

Intel Quad-core 2.5Ghz

6gigs ram

Vista x64 ultimate with SP1

i now realise that in my video i mis-reported the "1166 files fragged". this is obviously the amount ALREADY defragged so far.

i actually had over a thousand fragmented files after doing a "pre-video" analysis using smartdefrag. the rest of the video is still valid as it shows that the auto defrag option isn't working as stated after 1 min.

so the question still remains: what's up with the auto feature?

Archived