IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Stop auto installing IObit software

WarrenWhitlock

I understand that suggesting upgrades, bundles and frequent updates are baked into you bundles. I'd prefer to have that turned off when I pay but live with it as is. 

What annoys me to now end and needs to is the prechecked option to include more of your bloatware. Especially the iTop scam. 

It's unethical, shunned by legit software developers and makes me want to dump all the great IObit software I love.

Hello WarrenWhitlock, 

Thanks for contacting IObit.

Sorry to hear that.

At present, we are partnered with iTop VPN to help promote its product iTop VPN, which can provide private access to the Internet with military-grade protection.

Almost all IObit products are recommending this app, you can uncheck the checkbox if you do not want the program before you start the installtion. 

Anyway, I have forwarded your concern to our product team and market team. They will consider this kind of marketing activities and make a better balance in future.

Have a good time!

• 3 months later...
On 9/10/2021 at 12:03 PM, WarrenWhitlock said:

I understand that suggesting upgrades, bundles and frequent updates are baked into you bundles. I'd prefer to have that turned off when I pay but live with it as is. 

What annoys me to now end and needs to is the prechecked option to include more of your bloatware. Especially the iTop scam. 

It's unethical, shunned by legit software developers and makes me want to dump all the great IObit software I love.

All you have to do is actually pay attention when you are installing applications rather than just clicking Next without bothering to read what is on the page. 

The customers are the one they should listen to. They are the reason they exist. If the customers don't like opt-out campaigns they should adopt opt-in. The ones who really would like to try the programs will check the box. It is when you make people uncheck the box to keep it from installing is where problems start.