IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Free Quicksys registry cleaner

IcyFrostPyro

Hi, IcyFrostPyro and detailer,

Downloaded and installed it and it has found 888 errors. I haven't deleted the entries, as yet.

RegSeeker usually finds about 400 errors, but only about 20 are safe to delete. Can QuickSys really be trusted?

QuickSys

Hi Ted-The only problem I had was with Malwarebytes-I sent an email to tech support-and after two more tries and emails,they got it right.I didn't have to delete the MB entries(they don't have an ignore list feature)Hasn't broken anything I'm aware of.Just watch when you uncheck individual boxes inside categories-when you switch back,they're rechecked,so uncheck the entire category and rescan and then hand pick from there.Any questions,sing out.Oh,the back-up utility works fine,just in case.Also,check out their free Reg Defragger-shrunk mine another 2% after ASC's

Hi, detailer and Icy,

I've done another scan with QuickSys, but haven't deleted anything, yet. Wow, 918 Errors! Most of them are History Paths which should be safe to delete? Pay to set a new System Restore point first, though.

BTW If I click any of the three points shown on my GUI attachment, QuickSys just cuts off. Is this normal? I hesitate to re-install it as I may lose my Registration?

QuickSys

Hi Ted-Go ahead with the Active-X,Application Paths,and definitely the History paths.User settings is where I found the Malwarebytes issue,so look carefully at those entries.Now,go to Settings>Backups,and check all four boxes.When you repair,you will see the GUI display a graph that indicates a back-up is being made.I've tested the backup and it seems to work as far as watching the program,but I didn't have any ill effects that I was trying to reverse,so that's not proof positive.You could pick any one group,remove it,go about your business,and then come back and initiate a "restore or undo" for those entries,scan again,and see if they pop up-that would prove the backup/restore feature is functional.As for the three points that "cut off",those are obviously links to internet sites,and mine all work.So something is preventing QS from reaching the internet.What happens if you opt for an Update from the main GUI? Mine shows search bar for a few seconds,but comes back as "latest version"(that I expected)See if yours gives any "cut out" or connection failure message.Perhaps one of your other "cleaners" stepped on QS"s ability to see the internet.

Hi, detailer,

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Yes, my Update button behaves exactly as yours does and now all my Help links are working perfectly. I unchecked the "Automatically Check for Updates on Startup" box. Maybe that did the trick, although I checked it again and it made no diference.

Go Fix Some Stuff

Sounds like just a glitch Ted.Go ahead and use the thing.If you want to ere on the side of caution,just repair a group at a time.When I "repair" something I'm not sure about,the first thing I do is reboot and call out all of my apps. one at a time and check for full functionality including updating capability if applicable.I even watch for programs that take auto/hourly updates to insure they are doing so.This way,if something has gone south,I'll no about it within two hours tops.Yes,it's an undertaking,but if something's broke,I don't want to find out two weeks from now when I need it and I've since made other changes/added/removed software.The way I figure,it was free,and worth the time to explore it's effects on your OS.Have fun!!

Archived