IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Floating adds

solbjerg

Ted, I already had IE7 Pro when IE8 is installed, and it automatically took it as an add-on.

Try installig when in IE7 compatability mode and/or when IE is closed.

As far as I see from the attachment that the error text is about compatibility. Please read that "fcbe_appcompt.txt" file for details.

Cheers.

See below in the attachment, the combination of IE8 RC1 & IE7 Pro:

Hi, enoskype,

Thanks for that.

Had a chapter of incidents here yesterday. One of my cleaners appears to be misbehaving. Glad I hadn't clicked the delete button to delete all those errors on QuickSys or it would have got the blame.

For a start, I re-installed IE7Pro with partial success, then found that my IE7Pro preferences were disabled. Enabling them put everything right. I then tried to update my Macrium Reflect, but the install stopped halfway through looking for a file named: Ref4B.msi. Fortunately I found a copy on an old backup and fixed that. Then I found I couldn't open Services as my .msc File Association was set to IE. I corrected this with a Registry mod (xp_mscfix) from the Doug Knox collection.

Hi sunny

To answer your question a bit late :-)

enoskype told me that he had installed IE8 beta some time ago, so I followed suit.

I even tried IE8 RC1, but it didn't work well by me, so I made a Windows System Restore to get back.

Then you recommended IE7 Pro and I had been pleased with IE7 so I deleted IE8 and installed IE7, but in my haste I neglected to back up anything. :-(

I ended up with so many problems that I thought it better to format the disk and do a fresh Windows Install.

It went ok, but I had 5 drivers missing when finished, - I found them in the firm that had made the motherboard, and now all is well.

But it took me a couple of days to get it completed perfectly.

Now I have a very clean computer and very fast with very little clutter, - so I thought I should thank you!! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

did you try ie7 pro and the ad blocking settings?

Hi sunny

I was wondering if it isn't better to block all adds in Windows in control panel/Internet settings/ personal protection/advanced and then choose block all from third parties and ask from current website.

This makes it a bit of a hassle in the start, but after a while it will not show much and you have the perfect protection, fully controlled by yourself.

What do you think?

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s.this must be one for you detailer :-)

blocking those ads certainly speeds up ie7.

another tip with ie7pro often you will see in bottom left cornor of the screen "errors" instead of "done" this is because ads were blocked so not need to worry.

Archived