IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

XP's Virtual Desktop Manager

simonbard

Hi. I'm running XP with SP3 on a ThinkPad T43. I'm using MS's Powertoys, amongst them the virtual desktop manager. Ran ASC for the first time tonight and got problems with the desktop manager not showing the individual desktop's wallpapers correctly. Thought ASC had possibly wiped some of the registry entries by mistake and uninstalled MSVDM and reinstalled it but have now lost it altogether! Any ideas? Looked on the FAQs and stuff but can't seem to trace any info on the MSVDM so am here! Appreciate any help as use this quite a bit.

Hi Simon-Had you not already reinstalled MSVDM,I would have suggested the restore option in ASC.There's a slight chance it could still work, depending on how through the uninstall was.I'm not familiar with the app. so I can't say for sure.Undo all changes made by ASC and see how the program responds.You may have to reinstall MSVDM once more.Your second option would be a system restore( safe mode is best).If you get it straightened out,be sure to take note of what "fixes" ASC is proposing before you choose to repair them after your next scan.Best of luck.

Done it, many thanks! It's back up and running. Needed a reinstall but it's fine. To enoskype, don't know what happened there. Most of MSVDM was still ok but had lost the wallpaper and the program refused to remember any changes when I replaced it, so . . . ? Fine now and I'll take notice of what detailer has said.

Many thanks to you both and God bless too, detailer.

Simon

Archived