IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Microsoft Surface Pro Type Cover Fails After Driver Updates With This Software's Implementation

Sbicx

Warning This software will brick your type cover on versions of Surface Pro 2 3 or 4.

After using both versions of 8 & 9 Drive Booster each my type covers keys and  touch pad have ceased to work.

The device is recognized but no longer functions and one the units can't be rolled back because a system reset erased the 

restore point prior to the conflict being determined.

Now must reimage the disk per MS Support Tech advisor quite a long tedious fix for a simple update.

Appears the issue is some Human Interface or USB update rather than the suspicious plethora or Surface specific ones.

Side note my cameras are or were affected too by this update on the ones able to be rolled back the issue is resolved.

2 hours ago, Sbicx said:

Warning This software will brick your type cover on versions of Surface Pro 2 3 or 4.

After using both versions of 8 & 9 Drive Booster each my type covers keys and  touch pad have ceased to work.

The device is recognized but no longer functions and one the units can't be rolled back because a system reset erased the 

restore point prior to the conflict being determined.

Now must reimage the disk per MS Support Tech advisor quite a long tedious fix for a simple update.

Appears the issue is some Human Interface or USB update rather than the suspicious plethora or Surface specific ones.

Side note my cameras are or were affected too by this update on the ones able to be rolled back the issue is resolved.

Update Problem Solved Here's what you need to know.

DON"T UPDATE USB Wacom Driver PLACE ON IGNORE LIST 

If Wacom driver updated to the 2018 version uninstall device & delete the driver 

Reboot ..Problem Solved...

Why iObit hasn't caught and solved this huge issue on the front end for Surface owners

See post below from Steamcommunity.com

Surface 4 Pro :: Driver Booster for Steam General Discussions (steamcommunity.com)

Wayne0190☺✞ iconGames.png Jun 13, 2020 @ 4:48am 

Surface 4 Pro
After Scanning and updating the Surface gets only Bluescreens! Do not use it with Microsoft Surface!

I think its the Bluetooth driver because even the Keyboard doesnt work!

On other Computer no problem!!

Showing 1-1 of 1 comments

78398e7fd16af4ae0a923b1d421d70e016f734d7.jpg
Cryshah iconGames.png Jul 4, 2020 @ 12:37pm  

no blue screen on my surface pro (5), but lost type cover (keyboard)
seems to be an issue with wacom driver
Last edited by Cryshah; Jul 4, 2020 @ 12:39pm
2 hours ago, Sbicx said:

Hello,

Sorry for to hear that the driver updating cause a problem. Since the environment of each PC is different, we need the tool to get the information about your system and the operation of our program. Since the different  It would be very nice of you to help us with the investigation.

Please download https://cdn.iobit.com/dl/db/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe > double click to run this tool on the problem PC > click 'Save report to Desktop' > find db_info_YYMMDD.zip on your desktop > send us the zip file.

We will analyze the file and try our best to find a solution for you.

Your understanding is highly appreciated. The more information you provide, the easier we can analyze the cause of the problem.

Looking forward to hearing from you and we can figure out the solution soon.