IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare 15.0.1.125 Install problem

rollsjohn

I downloaded from IObit website latest version as above but after installing Avast antivirus blocked ICONPIN64.exe with message:

iconpin infected.

Tried uninstalling then downloading from majorgeeks and re-installing but same warning message from Avast.

Is there a solution to this or is it a false identification of a threat?

Threat.png

As best I can tell, Driver Booster gets installed automatically with ASC.  I'm a long time user of ASC and every time there is a new version of ASC, Avast pops up this infection warning.  When I Google ICONPIN64.EXE the results say it is a component of Driver Booster.  I did not install or license Driver Booster as a stand along product, but I am able to uninstall it using iobit's Uninstaller.

I could be wrong, but everything I see leads me to think Driver Booster gets installed along with ASC.

http://windowsbulletin.com/files/exe/iobit/driver-booster/iconpin64-exe

Edited by Nedstand

Driver Booster does not get installed automatically when installing ASC.

You must watch the checkboxes in the installation UI of ASC....there may be checkboxes to install Driverbooster when installing ASC.

If so...ensure they are unchecked.

As for Avast....it is a false positive....put ASC in the Avast ignore folder..or just ICONPIN64.EXE...which is causing the issue.

I don't see any checkboxes as this is an automated upgrade from prior version.  Most recently, I got a pop up saying V 15 was available, and I only clicked to install the upgrade.  During the upgrade Avast then pops up the warning.

I submitted a false positive report to Avast so hopefully they will add ICONPIN64.EXE to their list and not quarantine it in the future.