IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver Booster 9 - Multiple Windows 11 Drivers Lenovo S730 Laptop showing dated 1968 as Current.

Muhith

Hi, I ran a scan using Driver Booster 9 on a Windows 11 Lenovo S730 Laptop it is picking up multiple outdted drivers but some are dated back to 1968. Mus be some problem with updates here as it is climing these drivers are current. Very confusing bow whether to use this product for Windows 11. Thanks.

Screenshot 2021-11-11 090018 Driver Booster 9.png

Why do you want to update your drivers?...

You have a high spec laptop, which you obviously upgraded to Win 11 (very brave of you)....so if you have

no issues, why risk updating drivers.

Unless you have a driver issue or the manufacturer recommends a driver update, then there is no reason to update drivers.

If it is not broken......don't fix it.

I don't know the answer to that, but obviously their is something not right.

Either a compatibility issue with windows 11 or a fault in DB.

I seriously recommend that you update your realtek driver direct from the manufacturer or from Realtek.

Maybe someone from Iobit will read this post and have a solution/suggestion for the issue.

Hi there,
We confirm that this is a normal situation.
You may please note that we are not driver manufacturers and the drivers we provide come from hardware manufacturers, our updates depend on theirs. For example, if the official website releases this driver update of 2017 only by 2018, there is no way for us to provide the driver update of 2017 in 2017 but only able to provide the update after the release of official website.
Moreover, the date shown in Driver Booster is not the production date of the driver, it’s the date read from the info file.
Hope this will help.

• 3 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem on my new Windows 11 PC. I am being offered 8 Intel updates dated July 1968. Intel state that I am up to date as do a number of other driver update programs including DB8. I have not had a sensible response from Support and am on the verge of cancelling my subscription. There is clearly a flaw in the program.

Edited by Geoff Leeson