IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Redline Stealer

Hello, I will try to keep this short. I was scanning my computer with hitmanpro like i do every day after i boot up my computer and was listening to some music. I did not expect anything weird to happen so I went to the bathroom for a few minutes. But when i come back, i see that hitman pro has detected something in my appdata/local/google folder, and the type of file was named "redline stealer". I did not even bother wasting my time and i just went to the folder myself and instantly wiped it out from my computer. Being a little confused and frightened, I decided I should look up this virus to see what is it all about...but then i see the following line.. "stealing personal data and information". I am honestly a little terrified but because i deleted it from my computer something tells me I shouldn't be so scared. Am i safe now? Was it a false alarm? I have a lot of precious files in my pc and i really don't want to lose them. Please tell me what's happening. Thank you.

Just a little side note I had some problems with hackers and malware in my computer almost one month ago, it has been silent since and seeing this happening again makes me very paranoid.

Hey uh, I can’t see what the other person said cuz it’s been deleted, but I recommend u either run a scan with something like malwarebytes or you perform a fresh windows install, I highly recommend the second option, just make sure u have a way to keep your important files. it's been quite a while since this has happened and after running multiple scans from multiple antiviruses I suppose I can safely say i finally managed to get rid of it. Nothing weird or suspicious has happened in the last few days, and in all of my scans nothing has been detected (Spam Link Removed by Mod. Do it again and you will be banned. This is your only warning)

Thanks