IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Update Download failed

kenps

I have Advanced System Care Pro set up for automatic updates. I am getting a box that states: Iobit Live Updates, in the box it says "download failed". Does anyone have an idea what is wrong? I have Lavasoft's Ad-Aware. Could that be causing this problem? Or my firewall? I just had to do a System recovery - back to factory settings, but have done this before with no problems. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi kenps,

Allow ASC 3 update to reach internet in your firewall, most probably it is the reason.

Click on " Click here to configure update settings" on IObit Live Update window, and be sure that the checkbox of "Enable Proxy" is unchecked if you are not behind a Proxy.

Have you ever had UpdateLog.txt in your main ASC 3 folder?

Cheers.

Ok kenps

But what about the proxy question?

And how are your settings in services?

Services can be reached by writing services.msc in "Run"

Cheers

solbjerg

I have update set automatically and it is on the approved list in my firewall. I don't understand about "having UpdateLog.txt in main ASC 3folder."

Ok kenps

What I meant was that you could go through the list and see if any service was stopped that in your opinion ought to run.

You have the opportunity to export the list to a file, send the file attached and let us have a look at it.

There is an icon in the tool line that will give you the opportunity to export the list to a file.

You can also download a list of recommended settings from the internet or from Microsoft. And then check to see if all is as it should be.

http://tweakhound.com/xp/defserv.htm

http://dal.renshaw.com/xp/services.html

Cheers

solbjerg

I did that and see a list. Nothing from ASC 3 or OIbit is on the list. As you can tell, I don't have a clue.

• 2 weeks later...
I have Advanced System Care Pro set up for automatic updates. I am getting a box that states: Iobit Live Updates, in the box it says "download failed". Does anyone have an idea what is wrong? I have Lavasoft's Ad-Aware. Could that be causing this problem? Or my firewall? I just had to do a System recovery - back to factory settings, but have done this before with no problems. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi kenps,

I am having a similar problem. when the ASC3 update runs, it never completes itself. I have let it run for hours and all that happens is that it indicates it is getting updates (with an animated progress bar running). It does not indicate a failure. That is why I logged on to this site, to look for a solution. If I can't find one, I will try reinstalling ASC3. Good luck, and if you find a solution, please let me know. I will do the same and pass it on to you if I find it first.

Hi kenps,

Allow ASC 3 update to reach internet in your firewall, most probably it is the reason.

Click on " Click here to configure update settings" on IObit Live Update window, and be sure that the checkbox of "Enable Proxy" is unchecked if you are not behind a Proxy.

Have you ever had UpdateLog.txt in your main ASC 3 folder?

Cheers.

Hi there, kenps & endoscope,

I did as enoskype suggested and: 1) Opened the ASC3 Interface by double clicking on the desktop icon; 2) clicked on the "Check for update" link on the bottom-right corner of the user interface; 3) then, when the "Welcome to IObit Update" window popped up, 4) I clicked on the "Click here to configure update settings" link in the lower center of the window; That opened up a Network Settings dialog box to "Change Proxy Settings," with a checked "Enable Proxy" box. 5) I unchecked the "enable proxy" box and clicked the "OK" button. 6) After that, I ran the ASC3 "Check for Update" link again and it worked without problems. I now have the latest update(s). Thank you, enoskype, for your excellent advice, and best wishes to you, kenps.

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem - seems not cause by FWall

I have same problem with update of ASC3.2.0

Checked my Commodo_FW and even set the update-utility as "safe" in Commodo, no luck.

Tried to reinstall and it is now worse:

Before reinstall it kept asking to update Def.dbd (in ASC root-dir), reported success, but log reported failure.

After reinstall:

On first update run- offered to update in single run both the Def file AND the English.lng file, and the log reported success for the lng file, failure for the dbd.

Seems the util does not remember where that file should be...

The util later claimed I need to connect to internet (false) then reported success and in log failure for that dbd. But now the update session ALWAYS crashes if i open and close the log-file (after reporting success).

No crash if I close without opening the log-report.

I notice I have two Def.dbd files, one in the ASC root folder and a second in a subfolder called (surprise..) "update".

Each time I run the update-util, the Def file in the update-folder gets a fresh "update-date" while the "create-date" remains original.

The Def file in the root folder does not get date changes a all :evil:

Hi dandin

Please close all ASC functions - also the extra functions running automatically in the background before installing an update.

By now I think a clean uninstall followed by a clean install may solve your problem. Remember to check the "problems" before clicking repair when you run the application for the first time after the clean install.

Please read Usage of IObit Products

The false positive from commodo should have been fixed by that company by now!

Cheers

solbjerg

I have same problem with update of ASC3.2.0

Checked my Commodo_FW and even set the update-utility as "safe" in Commodo, no luck.

Tried to reinstall and it is now worse:

Before reinstall it kept asking to update Def.dbd (in ASC root-dir), reported success, but log reported failure.

After reinstall:

On first update run- offered to update in single run both the Def file AND the English.lng file, and the log reported success for the lng file, failure for the dbd.

Seems the util does not remember where that file should be...

The util later claimed I need to connect to internet (false) then reported success and in log failure for that dbd. But now the update session ALWAYS crashes if i open and close the log-file (after reporting success).

No crash if I close without opening the log-report.

I notice I have two Def.dbd files, one in the ASC root folder and a second in a subfolder called (surprise..) "update".

Each time I run the update-util, the Def file in the update-folder gets a fresh "update-date" while the "create-date" remains original.

The Def file in the root folder does not get date changes a all :evil:

AWC3 updates failing on download

I too am having this problem with update downloads, though this has started just today, 10th April. The proxy box mentioned above is unchecked ok. The update download says it has downloaded successfully but a check of the log says it has failed!

Anyone found an answer yet?

Hi _ Thanks for your reply!

Problem seems to have solved itself! Every time I booted-up computer an AWC update window arrived and downloading was everytime unsuccessful.

This morning it downloaded OK - so I guess the 'gremlin' was not at my end?

Regards - Dave L

Archived