IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Laptop Slowed Dramatically after using IOBit Driver Booster

SunShadow

While I was doing work (on paper), I decided to not waste time and do something on my Surface Laptop 3, and I went along with updating my drivers. So, I download IOBit Driver Booster and I update all my drivers (that were not up to date). After it finishes updating I realized my computer had become really slow. I could tell from moving my cursor around that my computer has slowed down considerably. I open up CS:GO my fps went from 120 to a fixed framerate that keeps switching between 17 and 18 fps no matter if I'm in the menu or a game. I checked my fps on other games and my fps decreased by 90%. I rolled back my graphics driver but it did nothing. I went back to a system reset point and it did nothing. I ran an SFC scan and it said no files were corrupted. I reinstalled my surface laptop 3's drivers from the official Microsoft website and it did nothing. I did a clean window reset and it is still the same, I still have terrible fps and everything is leggy. How can I at least try to fix this or find out the cause of this problem?

You have already done so many changes that you have made it harder to correct/analyse the issue.

Did you try using the driver rollback function in driver booster, to undo the driver updates.

Did you try a system restore to a time before the driver updates.( although this may not be possible now because you did a windows reset).

Do you know which drivers were updated (there is a log file in driver booster with the info)