IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Fix Device Error - USB Mouse not working

Blade69

After the last update of all drivers using Driver Booster 9, my Thinkpad USB Optical Mouse no longer works. The Error In Fix Device Error is "UNKNOWN - ThinkPad USB Optical Mount" Error Code 1. Error code 1 basically is invalid driver. I uninstalled the Drver from Device Manager --> Other Deivces (as its not recognized in Mice). 

I'm not sure how to fix the issue as that's what Driver Booster is supposed to do. 

Any ideas how to get a mouse to work?

Yes, I know about the rollback function, my issue is I have no idea which driver to rollback. As I deleted the driver in Device Manger and when I reinstall the USB mouse it still does not work. So how can I tell which driver to rollback? or should I just rollback everything until it works?

Sorry for the confusion. When I plug in my USB mouse it does not work, I look in the Device Manager and I can see the Device under "Other devices" with warning. The message is "This device is not configured correctly (Code 1)" This error code is consistent with Driver Booster 9 Pro --> Fix Device Error --> This tool helps detect error codes in Device Manager and fix them"

The error message in Fix Device Error is "UNKNOWN  - ThinkPad USB Optical Mouse Error Code 1" When I press fix. The status returns Failed.

All drivers are up to date. I deleted the "ThinkPad USB Optical Mouse" driver from the Device Manager and rescaned.  (That is what I meant to say in my previous post, that I justed deleted the Device from Device Manager and hopped a rescan would work)  But the same error happened again. (i.e. Error code 1).

From driver update history, Driver Booster 9 has updated 57 drivers, but none were the mouse drivers. I'm not sure which driver would interfere with this mouse. All my other mice still work, it's just this one that's not working.

Did that help explain things?

Yes. Thank you.

Have you tried downloading the mouse driver directly from the Lenovo site, and see if that fixes the issue.

having updated so many drivers makes fixing the issue very difficult as it could be usb drivers or system drivers causing the issue.

have you tried using a system restore point to restore your system to a time before you did the driver updates.

This would undo all the driver updates and should fix the issue.

Yes I downloaded the mouse driver directly from Lenovo, and tried to update manually, but that did not work. 

So now I will restore my system. This is my question.

I go to  "Backup & Restore" --> "System Restore" and there are 3 restore points (Type Install) not sure what type install means. If I restore the earliest (Nov 25) will that restore the other 2 as well (one on Nov 28 and one on Nov 29) ?

or do I just go to "Driver Restore" and restore all 153 devices to the previous version, and then manually update one by one until the issue occurs again?

When I find the issue, do you want to know which driver it is?

Thanks

When you pick a restore point, your system will be restored to what it was on that date and time that the restore point was made. So any changes

made to your system after that time will be lost...including windows updates and newly installed software.

So, you should pick the one just before you did the driver updates, so as to minimise any losses.

If there are new items or windows updates that you don't want to lose through using system restore....then the Driver Restore is your option, as this will restore only

the drivers.

Again it is confusing, because you stated previously that you updated 57 drivers, and now you are saying 153.

Yes, please give feedback on what you find as it may help others.

From main page of Driver Booster it now says "57 drivers have been updated" 

When I go to Driver Restore page. it says 153 Devices. Looking more closely a lot of the Devices are appear multiple times. So I'm assuming that there are 57 drivers for 153 devices.

Just an update. I tried to restore from a system restore point, but it failed. So, I when to Driver Restore and selected ALL and restored all.

After a reboot the mouse is working again. Now, something interesting happened, after the restore, I thought I would have to update all the drivers again, but all drivers are up to date. And on the Driver Restore page there are now 186 devices as opposed to 153 devices. So I'm confused, but its working so all it good.

Any comments on what happened?

Thanks

My only comment is that if it was my pc, I would be very nervous about the whole thing.

If you read through the drive booster section, the older versions of the program, you will find many

recommendations about updating drivers. Such as...

Do not update drivers unless you have a specific driver issue or the manufacturer strongly recommends an update.

If it is not broken, do not fix it.

If you insist on updating your drivers...then never bulk update.... only update two or three at a time so if there is an issue you can track it.

Create a system Restore point at least once a week, as automatic restore points are notoriously known for not working. I use Iobit Advanced Systemcare to do this, and it has never failed to restore. Also, if you decide to do anything major such as restoring a lot of drivers, then create a restore point before hand.

Also be aware, that some windows updates will delete your system restore points and that windows automatically removes restore points older than about 3 weeks.

I also have a Lenovo, and I have not updated a driver in 3 years, and have had no issues.

On 11/28/2021 at 6:27 AM, Blade69 said:

After the last update of all drivers using Driver Booster 9, my Thinkpad USB Optical Mouse no longer works. The Error In Fix Device Error is "UNKNOWN - ThinkPad USB Optical Mount" Error Code 1. Error code 1 basically is invalid driver. I uninstalled the Drver from Device Manager --> Other Deivces (as its not recognized in Mice). 

I'm not sure how to fix the issue as that's what Driver Booster is supposed to do. 

Any ideas how to get a mouse to work?

Dear valued user,

According to the log, we find that the device is unknown before Driver Booster installed the driver on November 25th.

Please go to Device Manager >> find and right click ThinkPad USB Optical Mouse >> choose Uninstall >> Reboot PC. See if everything is normal or not.

During the uninstall process, please make sure to tick 'Delete the Driver software for this device'. Here is a screenshot for your reference.

After that, please reinstall the driver from Lenovo to check how it works.

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n2xst09w.exe
https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n30wb02w.exe
https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n30fp06w.exe

At last, if problem remains, download https://cdn.iobit.com/dl/db/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe >> double click to run this tool >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >> find db_info_YYYYMMDD_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file.

Thank you.

20211201162030.png

• 7 months later...

Unplug USB cables and wait for a little while for the device driver to be unloaded by Windows, and then plug the device back in. Try using a different USB port on your PC. If you use a USB hub between the device and the PC, make sure the hub has power.

Regards,
J Wick