IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Deep Scan does what it claims to do.

Ted

I did a Registry cleanup with QuickSys Regcleaner, CCleaner's Registry cleaner and RegSeeker. I then ran ASC PRO and it found another 168 problems!

The free version of ASC doesn't have Deep Scan, does it?

Hi Ted

I think a test the other way round is better.

They probably all have slightly different parameters.

Try running ASC, and then run it again to make sure that the first cleaning hasn't generated other now obsolete entries.

When this is completely clean, try running one of the other applications and note the result - wait a day - doing normal operation and then try the procedure again from the start with the next application, and repeat it each day until you have gone through them all, noting the result every day.

I have for example noticed that ASC will find entries after I have first run Ccleaner, while the other way round Ccleaner will not find entries in the registry after ASC has been run.

Cheers

solbjerg

I did a Registry cleanup with QuickSys Regcleaner, CCleaner's Registry cleaner and RegSeeker. I then ran ASC PRO and it found another 168 problems!

The free version of ASC doesn't have Deep Scan, does it?

• 2 weeks later...

What are they

Every time registry cleaner repairs registry in the deep clean mode it finds over a 100 items. They all say NA. What are these, and is windows putting them back, and ASC3 just finds them and repairs them again and again. Should I just put them in ignore list. My guess is ASC3 finds them and repairs them automatically and then windows just puts them back. When I look in the restore log I see where ASC3 has cleaned over a 100 entries several times. I tried to screen print these entries and send them ,but file was to big. Need some advise from forum members please.[garybear]

Hi gary

I just tried your method

First run it found 187 "problems" in registry

Second run immediately afterwards it found 12 "problems"

Third run immediately afterwards it said "no problems"

I suppose it depends on how ones setting is in the computer and in the applications.

We probably have different settings.

Some few hundreds "problems" is seldomly any problem :-)

I only did this to test it for your peace of mind, :-) otherwise I would not run the registry clean so often.

Cheers

solbjerg

'

Every time registry cleaner repairs registry in the deep clean mode it finds over a 100 items. They all say NA. What are these, and is windows putting them back, and ASC3 just finds them and repairs them again and again. Should I just put them in ignore list. My guess is ASC3 finds them and repairs them automatically and then windows just puts them back. When I look in the restore log I see where ASC3 has cleaned over a 100 entries several times. I tried to screen print these entries and send them ,but file was to big. Need some advise from forum members please.[garybear]

registry cleaner

Hi solbjerg. Thanks for your post. Did you look to see what entries were being repaired? I know that's a dumb question to ask you because you wouldn't let ASC3 repair some thing without checking it first. The entries I saw were all NA entries. I also tried your method with the same results, but then they were all back a few days later. I don't make very many changes to have that many entries. I know it finds MRU, but that's not what these are. I'm wondering how often I should schedule ASC to clean the registry. I'm using recommended options now.I thinking maybe change that to once a week or maybe once a month. Thanks again for your post.Live well my friend,[garybear]

when some reg entries are deleted especially in security related [and nasty spyware] they are then re created by the software program thats why you still keep getting hits.

no matter which order you run reg scans you will always get hits that others have missed or changed.

I had a scenario a while back ASC would make changes then I would run WINASO it would come up with the same changes but undo what ASC did then ASC would undo WINSO and on it goes.

Note for those that run the excellent Auslogics reg defrag its no longer free just free trial only. Just as well ASC has a good reg defrag.

Hi gary

In my case it was some leftovers from uninstalled programs and MRU's - I didn't check every item :-)

You know you can right click on an item and go to the registry key and find out what that entry pertains to?

Do not do anything other than look, do not change anything in the registry - just look!

This will give you an idea what the "problems" are - and if it merits that you do anything about it.

Cheers

solbjerg

BTW

I just saw sunny's post - read it carefully, - it has some very good points!!

Hi solbjerg. Thanks for your post. Did you look to see what entries were being repaired? I know that's a dumb question to ask you because you wouldn't let ASC3 repair some thing without checking it first. The entries I saw were all NA entries. I also tried your method with the same results, but then they were all back a few days later. I don't make very many changes to have that many entries. I know it finds MRU, but that's not what these are. I'm wondering how often I should schedule ASC to clean the registry. I'm using recommended options now.I thinking maybe change that to once a week or maybe once a month. Thanks again for your post.Live well my friend,[garybear]

Archived