IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Advanced SystemCare Pro Review IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Driver Booster Pro Review IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs

Thoughts on Gamebooster

Werv

Both me and my friend have tried it out and have come up with similar issues in online gaming (specific game Combat Arms an fps). Usually we would have some lag due to either internet or computer just not running up to par (another program open or whatnot).

While using the booster, it seems as though the game itself runs much nicer, but are lagging completely throughout the game (not much but noticeable) people were not jumping (or as i call it teleporting) and not freezing but it seemed the entire game was taking place a half of a second before us. best example would be a corner, i would die just as i see before i see them and then they come around corner and shoot. (this very well could be my connection but just share my experience)

I do not know if Gamebooster is meant for online gameplay or not, and i know its still in beta. Just letting people know the experience i am having with it. anyone else having something like this or any idea on how to fix it?

hi Werv

Keep up the good work!!

We can all learn from someone who actually plays!!

A good input from you!! Thank you!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Both me and my friend have tried it out and have come up with similar issues in online gaming (specific game Combat Arms an fps). Usually we would have some lag due to either internet or computer just not running up to par (another program open or whatnot).

While using the booster, it seems as though the game itself runs much nicer, but are lagging completely throughout the game (not much but noticeable) people were not jumping (or as i call it teleporting) and not freezing but it seemed the entire game was taking place a half of a second before us. best example would be a corner, i would die just as i see before i see them and then they come around corner and shoot. (this very well could be my connection but just share my experience)

I do not know if Gamebooster is meant for online gameplay or not, and i know its still in beta. Just letting people know the experience i am having with it. anyone else having something like this or any idea on how to fix it?

I agree solbjerg, the best feedback is from real players.

I believe, it will be very valuable if the Game Booster users give information about their OS and hardware.

Mine is a wild guess, but could Werv's case be the response speed of the display driver or Display memory?

It would be interesting to test the same game, same OS with different specs (CPU,RAM & Display)of PCs and Game Booster running.

Cheers.

Hi

I cant say i experience the same problem. I play Call of Duty 4 &5 online, i've noticed a huge improvement. I dont lag at all puting me in the top 3 highest frags. Thanks game booster.

I'd like to see a option for online and offline gaming, if it makes a difference. Or maybe an option to set what processes are stopped by the title of the game, if different games use different processes. Example. CoD 4--offline doesn't need internet access so firewalls and antivirus programs aren't needed but if i play it online it might be needed.

With online gaming is it ok to stop my firewall(comodo) and antivirus(antivir) .exe? I also play with firefox open so i can play a text based game that doesn't require me to watch it full time. I switch between the two games alot.

XP sp3

Duo E6400

8800gtx

Hi

I play online Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike Source on a x64 Vista with SP1 and up to date hotfixes. I dont have this problem, the games are running very good. I didn't believe in these game tweaking programs but IObit GameBooster really help a lot. Keep up the good work!

I find it extremely dangerous to switch off all the security when playing games on the internet and if the word is spread, great number of hackers will focus on Games and online gaming persons on the internet, as they will have a greater chance of finding people vulnarable there.

Cheers.

Oh, i forgot! I have 1 question.

I'm using the latest ASC Pro with auto updates turned on. In the settings i set the Optimization to Games.(There are other profiles, Multimedia, Office...etc.) If ASC optimized my system to Gaming then not necesarry to use GameBooster? Or should i use it anyway?

I would use a different, suitable to your uses option in settings and use the stand alone Game Booster.

IMO, even if you choose the Games option in the settings, using Game Booster will be better as it is a more recent product and also still progressing.

As far as I can understand from your previous post, you are satisfied with the new combination, but you can try, and if not satisfied, revert back to what you like.

Cheers.

Got to agree about turning off security. I run

# Trend Micro Web Protection

# Comodo safesurf

# Comodo BO Clean

# Comodo internet security

Game booster offered to turn them all off including cfp.exe which is the internet security suite. I don't know if the underlying security service was still running so my firewall would be active - but this worries me a bit especially if you are not technical and turn everything off for those extra frames.

Apart from this I find gamebooster excellent - I play dawnspire a lot, it isn't a demanding graphics game but it runs a lot better with gamebooster. Keep up the good work guys.

Beta 2 is a huge improvement (i don't know what the problem was but it appears to be fix). Game runs smoother and there is less lag, still some but that is due to my computer ;). Don't have any issues with it anymore, and i use it whenever i play.

computer specs. Acer aspire 5102WLMi 1.6 ghz processor. Ati radeon xpress 1100. Yah i know really out of date, but am trying to hold off getting a new computer till windows 7 rolls around.

Archived