IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

New Avira Personal Released

detailer

System requirements show that Avira v. 9 should run on Win 2000, but any time I would right click on desktop the computer would lock up. I un-installed v. 9 & went back to v.8 and it works fine. Seems to be a bug with v. 9 & Win 2000.

samr.

clicks on C-Net Avira download Page ??

I don't get it..!

I read detailers thread about the new Avira9 Antivir download and clicked on his link.. which took me to C-net's Avira page about the new free Avira9 program.

When I clicked on the link to download it, the new download page appeared.

...but then I began to hear a LOT of clicks (probably 3 or 4 per second).. then it would stop for a few seconds and start again. This was without touching the download button... & when I selected the download button, the clicking continued, but Avira9 didn't download.

I tried this 5 times on my wireless desktop.., each time going back to the forum and starting over.

I also tried it 4 times using my wired desktop computer.

When using my wireless desktop, I believe the clicks were coming from the wirless usb antenna on the wireless desktop,

and when using the wired desktop computer, I think the clicks came from my Linksys N ultra router.

I then tried going direct to C-net without using the link. No clicks until I got to the Avira download page.. and it started again.

That's 10 times it did this on 2 different computers on C-net Avira9 DL page.

I've not had this happen before...

I went to Softpedia and downloaded the Avira9 without incident or clicks.

Then using my OTHER computer, I went to MajorGeeks and downloaded Avira9 (again as a test) and had no problems or clicks.

I'm currently using Avira PE Classic 8.176, and the latest Zone Alarm prg.

Anyone have any ideas?

WW

P.S. Thanks, Detailer, for the info on this new Avira9

Avira 9

Sorry to here of the trouble Willie-that's very strange.I haven't attempted the download as yet,but wondered if you could confirm one thing for me-If you attempt to install v.9 with v.8 currently installed,will the new version remove the old one? I ask for my daughter's PC which is running v.8 and it was indicated in one of the articles I read that this was the case.If it's true,so much the better,as last time I uninstalled,(ala Revo)I had a hard time reinstalling with a solid internet connection for updates.

Avira9 install

Hi Detailer,..

Heck it installed great! Right over the top. It asked if I wanted to automatically uninstall the old one, and also if I wanted to keep the prior settings (I clicked yes.) I did a scan after installation, and it was REAL FAST.

( think it may have skipped stuff that had previously been cleared.)

I liked the earlier version, but if this is a good as it seems, I'll like this 9 much better. Just being able to get a report when it's done is a big improvement.:smile: WW

Archived