IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

After Software update Driver Booster, the PC no longer starts .

•  

Hi,

After updating the firmware with Driver Booster, the PC no longer starts . From this moment on, the computer only turns the fans and the DVD driver and constantly repeats the same thing without loading the BIOS, even after following instructions from Gigabyte. 

Is no more help possible?

Board GA-X99 5P

CPU: Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB G.Skill

Op.System  Windows 10 64 Bit

Hi

How should I use your debug program on the defective PC? The PC only starts as described, reading a CD or USB is not possible, so it cannot install the program. You have to look for a workable solution , otherwise the motherboard will no longer be usable.Thanks for your effort. Regards

Of course you cannot. Unfortunately, that is a standard answer that Iobit give for most issues, which in

this case does not help you.

However, did you read the second to last post (by me). You said your dvd drive works, so a rescue disc may work.

Yes as long as the fans are turning, everything switches off and the same process is repeated continuously, a CD / DVD cannot be read. Is there a possibility to re-flash Bios via DOS ? otherwise the board and the inversion are lost.

In order to try and help you I need clearer detail.

If you are asking about doing a bios flash with Dos, am I correct in assuming that your monitor works when you boot, and you can see

actual text.

Did you try booting from your dvd with a system disc or rescue disc.

That is why I did not understand why you were asking about flashing with Dos, since you cannot see anything.

Have you looked to see if your pc has a reset button. Sometimes it is on the pc casing and sometimes it is on the motherboard.

It resets the Bios back to factory. Personally, I think that the issue is with the graphics drivers and not the Bios, because if 

the graphics drivers are bust, then the screen will be dead and it will appear as though the pc did not boot.

I think that even if the Bios was udated to a bad version that the pc would still boot but maybe not run correctly.

Also, I assume you have tried to boot the system into safe mode or repair mode.

You are not the only person that this has happened to, and it is very disappointing that Iobit have done nothing to

help you and the other users who have had this issue.

This is an article that another User used to solve their issue. I don't know if it will help you, but it may give you some ideas.

http://emmanuelcontreras.com/how-to/how-to-update-the-bios-on-an-msi-z87-g41-pc-mate-motherboard/

Dear moderator team, I was looking for a DOS solution because this can be done without a screen. I believe that the problem will be solved in very few cases and only with luck. Thank you for your effort. I will start a few more attempts. Unfortunately I have learned how dangerous Driver Booster can be and I have gained experience  i believe that in the end the solution will be a new board. Should I find a solution, I will let you know. Thank you for your commitment. Best regards

• 1 year later...

Drive Booster seems to be a very dangerous piece of software. I have used it without problems, until now, since it first came out. It works on my Windows 11 PC, but Blue Screen on a Microsoft Surface Pro 8. It totally trashed it and it had to be returned to Microsoft, who replaced it without question. I tried a second time and again a Blue Screen, fortunately I had made a system USB that reinstalled the OS. Contacting Iobit was a total waste of time, just asked me to instal a piece of software and send them the results. How they expected me to do that when the unit would not allow access to anything, as I explained to them, was as bad as asking me to check their website from a non working computer..  

Hi there,

You may kindly know that the driver update provided by Driver Booster works properly on most users' computers. And it is impossible for our testing team to test every single driver update in every single PC situation because driver updates quantity is colossal and PC situations are various. Even though the updates are from official recourse and tested before being added into our database, they cannot be guaranteed to be error-free. Thus, sometimes a problem of this kind happens. That's why Driver Booster includes the features of driver rollback, driver backup and restore, and system restore.

• 5 weeks later...

Driver Booster hangs my Windows PC. I am using an intel core i3. Is this problem due to old versions or should I try searching for other alternatives like Advanced Driver Updater or Smart Driver Care? I even tried reinstalling the software but the problem is not fixed yet.

Please help!

If you require assistance, then you need to supply more detail. Simply saying that your pc "hangs" does not help.

If you pc hangs, then how can you reinstall the program.

Did you update drivers with DB before the issue occurred. If so how many drivers.

Do you get any error messages.