IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Why is MALWAREBYTE isolating AdvancedSystemCare as dangerous malware to be QUARANTINED?

tednote

I use AdvancedSystemCare pro . Great software..But lately I tried Malwarebyte and it WARNED me to quarantine these:

Name
PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemCare

Why?

So I uninstalled MalwareByte instead.

Any explanation?

Thanks

This is a very old and ongoing issue between Iobit and Malwarebytes.

No need to uninstall malwarebytes, as it provides protection. You can simply put your Iobit programs into the

malwarebytes ignore list, See the following..........

https://forums.iobit.com/topic/14812-malwarebytes-amp-advance-system-care-10-ultimate/#comment-105585

https://forums.iobit.com/topic/14766-malwarebytes-quarantines-advanced-systemcare10/#post219882

I have over 20 PUP found by Malwarebytes Premium.  It's always been that way since the ware began between the two companies over a decade ago.

Just remember if you like Malwarebytes free or Premium you need to close them during the installation of ASCPro.  Then open Malwarebytes and do a full disk scan. After the PUP/s are found just tell MBAM to ignore them.

I have sent all the files from IOBit to Virustotal.com and only 2 or 3 scan engines on their site list the files as threats. In other words, they are all false-positives.

I have been using Malwarebytes Premium and ASCPro for 15 years.  Both of them are my favorite security and maintenance programs.

Hope that helps. 👍

allow list.png

• Thanks 1