IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How do I transfer a AWC2Pro license to a new PC?

I looked at the FAQ on the web site, and searched the forums, but didn't find this answer...apologies if it's been covered.

I want to transfer one of my three licenses from a older PC that I'm selling to a new PC. How do I do that?

Hi Just Dave,

Have a look at the post in the link below:

http://www.iobit.com/forums/showthread.php?p=478#post478

From the end of following partial quote of Tim, "Regarding the different PC identification rule, we consider that when the CPU and Hard disk are both changed, it is another PC." I understand that if you have used your quota of 3 PCs, it seems that you have to buy another licence for 3 more PCs, including your new PC.

In AWC v2.4, we will check whether the License Code activated AWC is used for over 3 PCs. (The quantity depends on the license you purchased. The PCs Quantity=3 * License quantity). So please DO NOT expose your own License Code as it can ONLY used for 3 different PCs for 1 license. And we will NOT take any responsibility for your exposing license code Regarding the different PC identification rule, we consider that when the CPU and Hard disk are both changed, it is another PC. So your can upgrade your CPU, mainboard and graphics card.

Tim, please confirm!!!

Thanks for the link and info enoskype. Your explanation makes sense. But shades of Microsoft! That's not very user friendly. I'm disappointed that IObit is taking that route.

And I'm not a paranoid conspiracy nutcase mind you, but I'm not real crazy that my PC config is being transmitted and stored. I almost never support this kind of rights management, especially when it's not revealed during the purchase or upgrade process. Rats. Now I'll have to rethink usage of AWC2 just on general principles.

Thanks again.

Archived