IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Fast vs. Deep Optimize

I had noticed in the past that the 'Deep Optimize' function run much quicker than expected in version 1.11.

Well today, I tried the 'Fast Optimize' option and it seemed to be going much slower. I let it run for about 10 minutes and noticed that it said there was about 45 minutes remaining. So just on a hunch, I stopped that scan and immediately ran a Deep Optimize. After scanning the drive for a few seconds, the remaining time left on that function was 26 minutes.

So do you think there might be a chance that these two functions got switched in the dropdown menu? :-?

Timer Has Bug

Hi exostencil-I doubt that is the case.However I can tell you that the timer has no relative bearing on when the program will finish running.This problem has been addressed in the forum,and I believe IObit is looking into it.Usually,when the timer indicates @20 minutes left,it finishes in @ seven-at least in my case.And yes,a deep optimize should take longer to run irrespective of what the timer is indicating.Go ahead and run the deep optimize feature and you'll see what I mean about the timer.

Hi detailer-

I let the Deep Optimize finish and it took just over nine minutes to finish. Sad thing is that there really isn't any way to do a side by side comparison of the two modes to test my hair-brained theory. (unless you make an exact duplicate of a one hard drive and file structure)

Oh well, it was just a thought. :-|

Archived