IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

RegistryFix

acequest

ASC 3 Pro has been working like a charm until 3.2. I have found that it is deleting keys/values in the Registry that effect my long time favorite Registry cleaner http://www.registryfix.com . I have to reinstall and re-register RegistryFix after running ASC. I could uncheck the Registry Repair feature but that would defeat the purpose of having this comprehensive new program. I have uninstalled ASC3PRO until there is a new update to address this. I know the developers will probably download Registryfix and run ASC3PRO to see what happens on a Vista test computer. I use Windows Vista Business 32, not 64.

Looking forward to a response.

Reg-Fix

acequest-You should be able to find the entries pertaining to your other registry cleaner in the "problems" list after ASC completes it's scan.If you have time,reinstall ASC,run a scan and send us screenshots of the registry and system optimization scans.This problem should easily be rectified.

I could do that but I think it's best for IOBIT to install any mentioned programs by advanced computer users on their test machines and see if they can duplicate and change the software accordingly.

For me, these things are easy to do, but they are "work-arounds". When a new product is released and good feedback is given, the company should experiment with the conflicts of registry cleaners and other optimizers working in tandem with ASC. ;)

registry scans

Hi detailer. I would love to send you screen shots of my registry scan. When I try to do that, it says its to big and won't load. If you can tell me how ,I'm all ears. Every few days ASC3 finds over a hundred entries in the deep scan mode. They all say NA, and ASC3 repairs them on automatic mode. A few days later,,they are all back. I am not that active and I'm curious to know where these are coming from. I'm not smart enough to find out why they reaper every few days. Looking for help. Live well my friend [garybear]

Agreed to a Point

acequest-You make a valid point,but with the ten's of thousand's of programs available to consumers,how long would you be willing to wait until the last of the less popular or even obscure programs are researched and tested against the benchmark?As far as compatibility,from a developers stand point,I'm sure utilities perceived as competitive rank very low on their list of considerations. Personally,given the triviality of your problem,I'd make the simple adjustment necessary to accommodate both programs to co-exist within my O.S..Really,how hard can it be to add a couple of line items to an ignore list? An exercise such as this hardly qualifies as a "work around" on any level of computing.

Long Time no Hear

Hi Gary-How you been? You forget,I'm the guy that asked you how you get those beautiful screenshots up.So you're barking up the wrong tree on that one.Enoskype could hook you up,as he's got more in his bag o' tricks than you and me put together.Luckily,I don't need to see the shots to know what you're talking about.Here's my take on the "deep scan" entries-to me,N/A means not available.Following that logic(if I'm correct in this assumption)this means that not even the developer can tell you exactly what those particular errors are or what they are related to.So,if they can't, I sure as hell can't! But,I do know this-they must be very trivial in nature because I've been deleting them all since day one,and like you,they keep coming back.Nothing has ever gone south on me from deleting those items.If the item doesn't have a string behind it,I don't pay attention to it-down the road it goes.So,just keep deleting them as I do, and think of it as daily target practice.

acequest-You make a valid point,but with the ten's of thousand's of programs available to consumers,how long would you be willing to wait until the last of the less popular or even obscure programs are researched and tested against the benchmark?As far as compatibility,from a developers stand point,I'm sure utilities perceived as competitive rank very low on their list of considerations. Personally,given the triviality of your problem,I'd make the simple adjustment necessary to accommodate both programs to co-exist within my O.S..Really,how hard can it be to add a couple of line items to an ignore list? An exercise such as this hardly qualifies as a "work around" on any level of computing.

Umm, I think you didn't read my specificity. ;)

Hi gary

When in the details of registry scan, you can choose to save the report - save it to your documents or to your desktop or create a folder for it -this report you can send as an attached file - if too large send it as a zipped file. If still too large make two file from the original file half to each and zip those and send them, perhaps in two posts.

The NA (not available) - if you go to the key you can see from where they stem - if you hover over them you will get the same information.

By me they often stem from trusted certificates - of which I have none in that folder, and these empty keys are seen as "problems", other NA are empty MRU lists, which apparently also is seen as "problems".

Most of the NA category fall in these two places.

This is nothing to get exited about.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi detailer. I would love to send you screen shots of my registry scan. When I try to do that, it says its to big and won't load. If you can tell me how ,I'm all ears. Every few days ASC3 finds over a hundred entries in the deep scan mode. They all say NA, and ASC3 repairs them on automatic mode. A few days later,,they are all back. I am not that active and I'm curious to know where these are coming from. I'm not smart enough to find out why they reaper every few days. Looking for help. Live well my friend [garybear]

Archived