IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I am clueless

cstortion

My browser of choice is FF3.0. I recently made several changes to about:config relating to pipelining in order to speed up the time it takes FF to load pages. The speed has been increased significantly.

I just ran Obit Pro. Registry Fix indicated 123 changes and System Optimization indicated 4 changes. I have no idea what the impact of those changes would be if I chose to repair them. I can ignore all of them, but then what have I accomplished?

How can I determine which suggested changes will impact the manual changes that I made to FF. Can anyone help me????

Firefox

Hi cs-I'm a FF tweaker myself.pipelining,max requests etc.Many of these tweaks are performed by the Firefox/TCP optimizer function in ASC.Whatever changes you have made in about:config will be undone by the recommendations following the System Optimization scan.This goes as well for changes made by ASC's own FF/TCP Optimizer which is a "tweak beyond" the Network Optimization settings(recommended changes) you saw after the scan.That's a start-yell back if need be.

So, what to do???

Hi cs-I'm a FF tweaker myself.pipelining,max requests etc.Many of these tweaks are performed by the Firefox/TCP optimizer function in ASC.Whatever changes you have made in about:config will be undone by the recommendations following the System Optimization scan.This goes as well for changes made by ASC's own FF/TCP Optimizer which is a "tweak beyond" the Network Optimization settings(recommended changes) you saw after the scan.That's a start-yell back if need be.

[if the changes are undone then what suggestions, if any, do you have to make FF load faster?/B]

Hi cstortion-I run the FF pre-loader,found here.This works great if you're like me and want to hit the ground running with four or five tabs open.This tweak was recommended to me by someone from Mozillazine(FF Forum),but it uses a DLL compression application called UFX(don't ask) which can cause issues with the updater depending on the version you're running.Chances are, if you've made the tweaks in about config such as pipelining and max requests,it's probably just as fast,if not faster than your PC is capable of.Though I don't know your ISP speed or your hardware.ASC's Firefox Optimizer is just about the same as the manual tweaks you're probably making in about:config,but faster than the basic Computer Optimization/Network Connections settings.Hope you can follow this as I'm trying to explain as best I can.Oops, forgot one-FireTune is available from Major Geeks here ,and is said to be compatible with v. 3.0 and up.

Surprise, surprise!!!

Hi cstortion-I run the FF pre-loader,found here.This works great if you're like me and want to hit the ground running with four or five tabs open.This tweak was recommended to me by someone from Mozillazine(FF Forum),but it uses a DLL compression application called UFX(don't ask) which can cause issues with the updater depending on the version you're running.Chances are, if you've made the tweaks in about config such as pipelining and max requests,it's probably just as fast,if not faster than your PC is capable of.Though I don't know your ISP speed or your hardware.ASC's Firefox Optimizer is just about the same as the manual tweaks you're probably making in about:config,but faster than the basic Computer Optimization/Network Connections settings.Hope you can follow this as I'm trying to explain as best I can.

Interestingly, I ran the scan, made all the suggested repairs and then checked about:config to see if there were any changes. Guess what? The repairs didn't impact the manual pipelining changes that I made. Sometimes, ya just gotta take a chance to see what happens. Thanks for your help. BTW, there are some great videos on UTube to speed up FF.

U Tube

Thanks-unfortunately,most are too blurry to decipher,which would be fine if they were accompanied with narration as opposed to speed-metal/thrash style music(which I can't stomach)As for pipelining,that's a true/false setting.so true or "enabled" is always going to be the preferred choice there.Somewhere in my 300+ bookmarks I have a couple more links for you-will try to get them up later.Have to download some new drivers,so will be unavailable for awhile.With my luck lately,could be quite awhile.Best of luck.

Hi cstortion

Why would you choose to ignore all?

I do not understand the argument?

You want the program to "understand" any settings you might want to implement? And any configuration you might want to choose?

Usually you have have to check how the prrogram works, and then act accordingly.

Cheers

solbjerg

My browser of choice is FF3.0. I recently made several changes to about:config relating to pipelining in order to speed up the time it takes FF to load pages. The speed has been increased significantly.

I just ran Obit Pro. Registry Fix indicated 123 changes and System Optimization indicated 4 changes. I have no idea what the impact of those changes would be if I chose to repair them. I can ignore all of them, but then what have I accomplished?

How can I determine which suggested changes will impact the manual changes that I made to FF. Can anyone help me????

Archived