IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC freezes when running registry fix

maclingt

Hi!

I like Advanced SystemCare. it is really a good ware. But I have a serious problem with using it.

When I run a registry fix with ASC without deep scan, ASC always hang there as scanning the part of missing shared dll. The version of ASC I used is 3.2.0.633. I have tried to unload the software of antivirus and firefall ( Trend Officescan,) but still not work. I try to run registry fix within the safe mode of windows XP Pro, and it works fine. From the result I got, it seems to be some confliction of program or process. I would like to assist with the debug of confliction for your product, and please tell me how to do. Thanks for your attention to my message.

Hi Miclingt,

Please try the following steps:

1) Click "Start" on your Windows, then click "run".

2) Type "regedit" into it, then hit "enter" on your keyborad.

3) Please find out this path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls", then right-click "SharedDlls", click "export", and then save it.

4) Please attach that saved file and send to me.

Hi maclingt

Perhaps an update of Trend will solve it. There has been a false positive from Trend.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi!

I like Advanced SystemCare. it is really a good ware. But I have a serious problem with using it.

When I run a registry fix with ASC without deep scan, ASC always hang there as scanning the part of missing shared dll. The version of ASC I used is 3.2.0.633. I have tried to unload the software of antivirus and firefall ( Trend Officescan,) but still not work. I try to run registry fix within the safe mode of windows XP Pro, and it works fine. From the result I got, it seems to be some confliction of program or process. I would like to assist with the debug of confliction for your product, and please tell me how to do. Thanks for your attention to my message.

This is the file you want

Hi Miclingt,

Please try the following steps:

1) Click "Start" on your Windows, then click "run".

2) Type "regedit" into it, then hit "enter" on your keyborad.

3) Please find out this path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls", then right-click "SharedDlls", click "export", and then save it.

4) Please attach that saved file and send to me.

Dear Krissy:

Nice to get response form you!

the attach file is what you want me to export from Windows registry. If needed, please do not hesitate to ask me providing more advance information. Thanks you for your attention to my message, and hope you have a good time today.

Sincerely yours

maclingt

maclingt.zip

The problem has been found!

Dear all!

Through a serial action of debug, I have found the problem that cause ASC to be frozen as the scan of registry fix is running. Believe me, the procedure of debug is so awesome.:shock:

The final result of debug is: my network device driver conflicts with ASC 3.2.0.633. When I disable the network device from hardware manager, the registry fix of ASC works fine, ererything is fine. When I enable the network device, ASC is just frozen there as the scan of registry fix is running. I have updated the driver of my network device, and it is not worked for the registry fix of ASC. The problem is still there, but I have found it! Well, it is a worthy information, and I hope it is helpful to the development of ASC in the future.

By the way, my network device is Marvell Yukon 88E8083 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet chip. Maybe you company can solve the conflict problem between ASC and network device.:razz:

Hi maclingt

Good job finding the culprit.

Have you tried placing it in the ignore list?

Cheers

solbjerg

Dear all!

Through a series action of debug, I have found the problem that cause ASC to be frozen as the scan of registry fix is running. Believe me, the procedure of debug is so awesome.:shock:

The final result of debug is: my network device driver conflicts with ASC 3.2.0.633. When I disable the network device from hardware manager, the registry fix of ASC works fine, ererything is fine. When I enable the network device, ASC is just frozen there as the scan of registry fix is running. I have updated the driver of my network device, and it is not worked for the registry fix of ASC. The problem is still there, but I have found it! Well, it is a worthy information, and I hope it is helpful to the development of ASC in the future.

By the way, my network device is Marvell Yukon 88E8083 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet chip. Maybe you company can solve the conflict problem between ASC and network device.:razz:

Hi maclingt

Good job finding the culprit.

Have you tried placing it in the ignore list?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, solbjerg

Thanks for your suggestion! but I don't know how to place the network driver to the ignore list. Would you like to teach me how to do that?

If it is the case of software conflict, I consider it is worthless to place the network driver to the ignore list. Though I would like to follow your instruction to place the network driver to the ignore list, please teach me how to do. Thank you to your assistance.

I Gotta Ask

Does a registry fix scan in ASC identify drivers or their respective registry entries? I can't remember seeing anything of that nature in any scans I've performed.Unless it was one of those "deep" items with the unidentifiable 37 character alpha-numeric string attached to it.Even if it does,it brings us to this-In this case the driver has to be disabled for the scan to run to completion.Which would mean that it's not being detected,therefor it can't be placed in the ignore list if it isn't found to begin with.Anybody follow me on this one? Now maclingt-placing an item in the ignore list is very simply accomplished by right clicking the item in question which will produce a drop down menu where you will find the ignore list option.

Now maclingt-placing an item in the ignore list is very simply accomplished by right clicking the item in question which will produce a drop down menu where you will find the ignore list option.

Dear detailer:

It is so nice for you to respond to my question.

Well, in my case, ASC is just frozen there as I run a scan of registry fix. In other words, the scan is not completed, and no item can be right clicking for placing to the ignore list.

Any other suggestion? Thanks for any other opinions.

• 5 weeks later...

The problem is solved!!

Dear all:

After I update ASC from 3.2 to 3.3.1, the problem of freeze when ruuning registry scan is solved. Thanks for the effort of ASC development team, and hope all of you have a good time today.:grin:

Archived