IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problems with Registry Fix

JohnGalt

I am having the following problems with Registry Fix:

Problem One:

When I run the basic scan 27 problems are found. I run the repair process. ASC reports problems resolved. I rescan and once again 27 problems are found. I saved the log to compare different runs and the problems found are exactly the same. Therefore I can only conclude that this process in not working at all which is disappointing since i just paid for the Pro version of this product. :-x

Problem Two:

I turn on deep scan under Registry options. I start the scan. Scan reaches aprox. 98% and my system spontaneously reboots. :x

Needles to say, I am not a happy camper and any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Hi, John:

Important info., left out: I am not talking about the registry fix in ASC. I am talking about a registry fix software called ¨Registry Fix¨.

I am a beta tester of just about every software product. (Or I test most software to see if they perform as claimed). ¨Registry Fix¨, is rouge software. Has embedded adware hidden in the installation. Found by ESET NOD32, Malwarebytes, and Spy Emergency 2009. If you want a good back up to ASC, then you should download this excellent free product that I have used for years an is 100% accurate, with deletions of registry keys & files. (Plus if you don´t trust the software you can save before deletion registry keys to your documents). http://www.ccleaner.com Software has frequent updates, an if your firewall does not block the updates will download auto., an install over the old version, or you can perform a manual check, at the bottom, right hand of the screen.

Good luck to you.

What?

Minddoctor-Are you and John talking about the same thing?I believe he is referring to one of the scan functions in ASC which is failing to repair 27 registry errors by not deleting them.It sounds as though you are referring to a virus or type of malware identified as "registry fix".ASC is a completely virus/malware/spyware free program.Many of us on the forum also use CCleaner as well.Please clarify.Late entry-Now I understand since I caught minddoctors edit to the beginning of his post after this reply.Which now poses a question-was minddoctor here to help John,inform us about a known infection,or advertise for CCleaner as seen in this thread-post#3?

Archived