IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 15 Smart RAM tool just blasted my IP and Location during streaming

Ericberic

Your Smart RAM utility tool just blasted my FULL IP and location during streaming

Your product is now the largest vulnerability I have on my machine. You know who else did this? Avast Antivirus. I would kindly ask for you to check out their story and how that ended up for them.

I enjoy the tool, in fact I recommend it. It shows up in my videos, it might not be the free advertising you guys deserve but it's there. Please don't destroy consumer confidence in your products by practicing such shady, dishonest intimidation tactics like showing our full IP whenever you decide its right. It never, ever is. 

Quite easily. Upon startup it displays a message on top of the tiny overlay. But it doesn't stop there. Since I am using a free version, now I get a wireless network icon, if I mouse over it it displays the same message again. 

If I accidentally move my mouse cursor about an inch from the "clear RAM button", boom, IP on screen.

I have nothing against free products that try to convince consumers to go pro. But when they do so by being a huge security risk themselves, Houston we have a problem. 

Ram_clean_issue.png

While I agree with you regarding the security risk, and the fact that this happens without your consent,

I must point out that the title of your Topic and description is misleading.

This is not the "Ram Tool"...it is the Performance Monitor. The "Ram Tool" is a completely separate function

within ASC.

Programs popping up your IP and location and telling you to get a VPN, are pretty common now.

So, now that you are aware of the fact that this can happen, you now know not to hover over it

while streaming your screen. Or switch off the "Performance Monitor" while streaming.

Sorry for having a misleading title Scannan, there are so many functions that come packaged with this product I think I got the name wrong.

But hard disagree man, show me other pieces of software that do this without repercussion from the user base. I mentioned one example that did not bode well.

Also, the doctor defense? "Doc it hurts when I move my arm". And your answer is "Did you try not moving it?". This is not a solution, maybe just a workaround. Please stop defending this bad faith practice. I guess this software is just not for me, thanks for your time.  

I am certainly not defending the practice. I am simply stating that it is now a widespread practice.....which I am against.

As for your "doctor defense" argument.....In this day and age with all the security risks involved with being online, I think it

is unfortunately the responsibility of each person to safeguard their data. If this means "Not moving it"...then so be it.