IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

"Access violation ... Sut_SysInfo.exe..."

BestRip

Best Bet

Hi Best Rip-Sounds like you may have had an instance of ASC running in the background at the time of the IE8 removal--auto-defrag or Smart Ram perhaps? No matter-easiest remedy is a clean uninstall/reinstall of ASC-go to this thread-Usage of IObit Products-Post #2 and post #5 tell you all you need to know to get the job done correctly-Best of luck

Usually when you install a software and then remove the software there is always files that are left behind, either in your registry or file system.

You can download the free version of http://www.ccleaner.com (Used for years & is 100% accurate with deletions of old registry keys and files). Plus you have the option to save to your documents, before the actually deletion). New versions comes out frequent, and will auto. advise you that there is a new version available, or you can perform a manual check on the bottom right hand side of the software screen. (All new version are downloaded over the old version).

You can also go to start, open search and type in IE8 and allow your pc to scan to see if there is any files left over. If the scan shows files, delete them. (If any refuse to delete, saying write protected, just reboot and go back and then they will delete).

Also after, open start, run: And type in: c://program files then right click with your mouse on browse, when new page opens, right click on program files, and look to see if there is IE8 file showing. If so delete the file.

Fragments of files/registry keys left behind cause conflict with many software programs. (If you should still have any problems removing a write protected program, reply an I will give you the link to deleter, or unlocker. (Deleter will for sure remove the file, when you select the file to be removed on the next reboot).

Hope this will resolve your problem with, ASC.

Good Point,But......

MD-Sure got a thing for CCleaner eh? In this case I don't believe it's leftovers from IE8 causing the problem with ASC, After all,that's what ASC is-a registry cleaner(much like CCleaner).An instance of ASC running at the time of the uninstall could have accounted for the removal of critical files or registry entries of ASC which has left it crippled.If the instructions were followed for "clean" uninstall/reinstall,you'll see that those instructions are in line with the procedures that you are advocating.Cautions about how to perform a "clean" uninstall including removal of the folder are outlined there.I agree that a scan for IE8 leftovers should be performed as well,simply because that Bill Gates crap doesn't go down without a fight.I normally recommend an advanced level uninstall utilizing Revo Uninstaller followed by a file and registry search with Reg Seeker.It's a much more fine tuned approach if you know what you're looking for/at.I simply think that in this case,you have the cause and effect reversed.

Hi Best Rip-Sounds like you may have had an instance of ASC running in the background at the time of the IE8 removal--auto-defrag or Smart Ram perhaps? No matter-easiest remedy is a clean uninstall/reinstall of ASC-go to this thread-Usage of IObit Products-Post #2 and post #5 tell you all you need to know to get the job done correctly-Best of luck

Thank you for the suggestion, but after having tried as close to a clean uninstall/reinstall as I could get the problem still remains.

After the above I also tried a system restore to a point recommended by ASC before the installation of IE8. This had no effect on the error either.

Perhaps I should try to explain more what the exact problem is: Only when trying to access the system information do I get this error message. Then the system info doesn't display at all, only empty pages if any at all. Operating system for example is a blank page.

• 9 months later...
I have the same problem when trying to access system information. I am running XP Pro, I can't help but wonder if this makes a difference? Did you ever get the problem resolved?

Hi,

Yes the problem was resolved. I'm not a hundred percent certain but as I recall, it took a full system reinstall until all the troubles with my Vista were reset back to standard level Vista, excluding this particular problem. I have not seen it since then.

Archived