IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver Booster Killed my computer

Eno123Wol

before installing any drivers make a recovery drive (control panel - all control panel items - recovery - Crate recovery drive) or a system image of the C ( windows ) drive on one or two dvds or backup the whole computers C drive onto an usb3 drive 

• 1 month later...

today is a bad day

When I was trying to optimize my computer and install new drivers for my system, I chose iobit master, it was a very bad choice, it killed my computer, after installing the drivers and rebooting, the worst It happened, the windows sounded the wrong prompt, inaccesable boot device, it seems that my disk failed, I tried to automatically repair the system, I tried to enter safe mode, I also tried to restore the restore point, but helpless I reset windows, but unfortunately nothing works, this is just a piece of junk software, yes, I trust this company's software very much, now, all this is a bit ridiculous, I am actually feeling a computer virus Trust, it's even worse than a virus, this company is also a complete disappointment to me, let alone its own junk products, I'm now planning to clear all data on my computer to see if I can save it, garbage iobitbootmaster

• Sad 1

Hi there,

Since the environment of each PC is different, we need the tool to get the information about your system and the operation of our program. Without the required information, we can do little to analyze the issue or further help you. Your understanding is highly appreciated and it would be much better if you can follow the steps in the previous email to get the information.
Please download https://cdn.iobit.com/dl/db/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe > double click to run this tool on the problem PC > click 'Save report to Desktop' > find db_info_YYMMDD.zip on your desktop > send us the zip file.

We will analyze the file and try our best to find a solution for you.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Same story here, Drive booster has nuked both my Surface Pro 6 & 7+.

I am really ANGRY about this and Microsoft has been unable to find a way to repair the OS damage!

There is NO ACCESS to any area of the OS to effect

No comments here have proven to have any assistance. IOBIT I would like you to replace both of these Surface Pros !

On 7/25/2022 at 11:42 AM, Cicely said:

Hi there,

Since the environment of each PC is different, we need the tool to get the information about your system and the operation of our program. Without the required information, we can do little to analyze the issue or further help you. Your understanding is highly appreciated and it would be much better if you can follow the steps in the previous email to get the information.
Please download https://cdn.iobit.com/dl/db/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe > double click to run this tool on the problem PC > click 'Save report to Desktop' > find db_info_YYMMDD.zip on your desktop > send us the zip file.

You have to be joking ... how do you run your debugging file on a computer that refuses to boot past the blue screen of death. Get real.

On 3/9/2022 at 6:28 PM, Cicely said:

Hi there, 

When we tested it, we found Driver Booster can work well on Windows 11.

How do you download and run a file to a COMPUTER THAT WILL NOT BOOT !? These unhelpful responses are wasting our time.

You can add another person to the list.

Just tried updating my Surface Pro 7 and now can't boot, can't enter safe mode, can't revert to a restore point, can't access anything that makes a difference.

I've been stung by Driver Booster before, kicking myself for trusting it again...

20 minutes ago, AJW81 said:

You can add another person to the list.

Just tried updating my Surface Pro 7 and now can't boot, can't enter safe mode, can't revert to a restore point, can't access anything that makes a difference.

I've been stung by Driver Booster before, kicking myself for trusting it again...

If you were stung by DB before, why did you not search the Forum then to see if others had an issue.

Or even searched it before you decided to try a second time. It would have saved you a lot of grief.

14 minutes ago, Scannan said:

If you were stung by DB before, why did you not search the Forum then to see if others had an issue.

Or even searched it before you decided to try a second time. It would have saved you a lot of grief.

Because I have regularly used it for years. Other than the one previous time a year or so ago, it has been fine and I began to trust it again.

I pay for the convenience of the software doing what it is meant to do, update my drivers and save me time having to do it manually. If I was to search these forums every time there is a potential driver update, then what is the point?

Edited by AJW81

The point would be to save yourself the grief of a bricked pc.

I am certainly not disagreeing with you that you should be able to use paid for software, without worry....but I am afraid that

has become a rare luxury these days, where company's are more interested in sales than service/quality.

I hope you see that for software such as DB which acts on the very heart of your system...that it is wise to regularly check either

on the forum or google to see if there are issues of concern.

6 hours ago, Scannan said:

The point would be to save yourself the grief of a bricked pc.

I am certainly not disagreeing with you that you should be able to use paid for software, without worry....but I am afraid that

has become a rare luxury these days, where company's are more interested in sales than service/quality.

I hope you see that for software such as DB which acts on the very heart of your system...that it is wise to regularly check either

on the forum or google to see if there are issues of concern.

True I guess. I had stayed away from most of the system drivers until now.

On 8/8/2022 at 1:00 AM, Not Happy at all said:

Just experienced the same problem.  Wish I had looked at this forum before purchasing and running Driver Booster Pro.  My surface pro Windows 11 is stuck in reboot loop with no way out after I ran the fix my pc.  

How have you been getting on?

I've now reset (keeping files) and still getting the same problem...

WTF did Driver Booster do???

Edited by AJW81

9 hours ago, Cicely said:

Can you boot your PC in safe mode?

Cicely....why do you keep asking this question???

You have been told numerous times that the Users cannot boot their pc's in any way. Their pc's are completely unusable,

and they are begging Iobit for help for a long time now, and are not receiving any.

On 8/19/2022 at 10:59 AM, Cicely said:

Can you boot your PC in safe mode?

Why do you keep asking this? We have repeatedly said we can't. You are as useful as a chocolate teapot.

I gave up with any sort of recovery. Copied everything I needed using recovery command prompt and did a fresh install.

Suffice to say, Driver Booster did not feature on the reinstall.

This software has killed my PC. Post updating with DB Pro , I got a blue screen saying something on the lines of video memory. I rebooted and restored to the day prior. Now it just won’t start. It keeps getting on a screen which says Attempting Repairs. I am a course creator and recently created a 9 hour course with creative assets everything, I’ve lost full access not to mention all my documents etc which were not uploaded to the cloud.

Typing from my iPad. I am PC less at the moment on a $1600 laptop. This is just insane.

Firstly,  I'm sorry for all the troubles. I hope your understanding is highly appreciated. Without the information, we can't analyze what Driver Booster did on your PC. Even if the same situation, the cause may be different. If the PC can't be boot, we strongly suggest you find a technician to repair your PC.